Please help me outttt!!! urgent!!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Please help me outttt!!! urgent!!

I was doing a video chat with my friend on skype...suddenly a msg from someone called ''sys'' appeared in our chat....here's the msg: ''

[10/04/12 3:21:15 PM] sys: Available commands:

/me [text] /topic [text] /

add [skypename+] /

alertson [text] /alertsoff /

leave /get creator /

get role /whois [skypename] /

setrole [skypename] MASTER|HELPER|USER|LISTENER /

kick [skypename] /kickban [skypename] /

get uri /get options /set options [[+|-]flag] .. /

setpassword [password] [password hint] /clearpassword /

get password_hint /get banlist /get allowlist /set banlist [[+|-]mask] .. /

set allowlist [[+|-]mask] .. /golive [token] /invite [skypename]

/fork [skypename+] /undoedit /help For more help please see http://www.skype.com/go/help.chathelp''

What does that means?? why is that happened?? did someone just hacked in our chat?? what can I do?? Please help me out

Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Nothing to worry about here: It's just the output of the "/help" chat command. If you start a chat message with that it will output all available commands.

To answer your question: Skype chat is encrypted end to end, so there is no way to manipulate it in between. See here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/security/detailed-security/#encryption

View solution in original post
JBond-VC85AE
Novel Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

That message you received was a help message automatically generated by the Skype System account. The message contains all the Skype commands that can be used in a chatt. That message can be generated by an incorrect Skype command or by typing /help. All Skype commands begin with /. I've generated that message before. Noone hacked your chatt, that was an automatic message. Did you type / before the text in a message you were trying to type? If so, there's your answer.

View solution in original post
0 Kudos
vanessabwong
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (3,485 Views)

Re: Please help me outttt!!! urgent!!

hello im also worried about people hacking into my skype convosations if someone has id just complain to the people here at skype id try call the person who sentyou the message or just compleatly ignor it make sure to go on your privacy settings and change them so that only people in your contact list can contact you also just a quick question how was youusing skype was you on a windows computor or mac and also does your computor have an uptodate security softwear

0 Kudos
kray
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (3,479 Views)

I just doing video chat with my friend...my video was on...while my friend didnt....and we just chat with message...didnt spoke a word.....and I typed something but it didnt appeared on our chat....instead, the message just appeared...my friend couldnt read it...only I read it.....People said it's just a hidden message...when u type "/hr'', the message appears.....I am not sure...Im using mac and I dont think I did updateed sercutiry softwear....so worry

0 Kudos
vanessabwong
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (3,474 Views)

Nothing to worry about here: It's just the output of the "/help" chat command. If you start a chat message with that it will output all available commands.

To answer your question: Skype chat is encrypted end to end, so there is no way to manipulate it in between. See here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/security/detailed-security/#encryption

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12522
Message 4 of 5 (3,451 Views)

That message you received was a help message automatically generated by the Skype System account. The message contains all the Skype commands that can be used in a chatt. That message can be generated by an incorrect Skype command or by typing /help. All Skype commands begin with /. I've generated that message before. Noone hacked your chatt, that was an automatic message. Did you type / before the text in a message you were trying to type? If so, there's your answer.
0 Kudos
JBond-VC85AE
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (2,057 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling