Password vulnerability - RESOLVED

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Password vulnerability - RESOLVED

[ Edited ]

We’ve been informed of a vulnerability in our password reset process, which could compromise the security of our users. We have temporarily disabled the password reset process for Skype accounts to prevent this vulnerability from being exploited.

Security is of the highest importance to us and we are working on getting this fixed as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused to users who need to reset their passwords, but our priority is protecting the integrity of user accounts.

Did my reply remove your confusion? Do me a favour; mark it as a solution! ↓ ↓
Setagana
Staff Moderator

Accepted Solution

Early this morning we were notified of user concerns surrounding the security of the password reset feature on our website. This issue affected some users where multiple Skype accounts were registered to the same email address.

We suspended the password reset feature temporarily this morning as a precaution and have made updates to the password reset process today so that it is now working properly. We are reaching out to a small number of users who may have been impacted to assist as necessary.

Skype is committed to providing a safe and secure communications experience to our users and we apologize for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post
Setagana
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 204
Message 1 of 2 (10,115 Views)

Re: Password vulnerability

Early this morning we were notified of user concerns surrounding the security of the password reset feature on our website. This issue affected some users where multiple Skype accounts were registered to the same email address.

We suspended the password reset feature temporarily this morning as a precaution and have made updates to the password reset process today so that it is now working properly. We are reaching out to a small number of users who may have been impacted to assist as necessary.

Skype is committed to providing a safe and secure communications experience to our users and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Did my reply remove your confusion? Do me a favour; mark it as a solution! ↓ ↓
Setagana
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 204
Message 2 of 2 (7,996 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling