Password Token doesn't work

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Password Token doesn't work

I'm trying to reset my password for my account after I merged my Skype and Messenger together.

It wouldn't let me sign in using my usual password, and so I asked for a password reset.

I'ved tried it 3 times now, but everytime I click the link in the e-mail OR copy and paste the password token code manually, it says:

"Sorry that password token is not recognized, please try entering it again or get another password token."

It has done this 3 times now.

Please could anyone tell me how to fix this =/

All I want to do is move my contacts over AND sign into Skype to talk to my contacts =|

kwsky
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 13
Message 1 of 26 (9,586 Views)

Re: Password Token doesn't work

Me neither, someone from skype pls help. Thanks!
ascular
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 26 (9,239 Views)

Has anyone fixed this problem because I have had the same issue and I can't use Skype 

Posted from Apple iPad
Joee0201
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 26 (9,164 Views)

Also having this same problem. Must have something to do with the Microsoft/Skype take over.

zombiworkshop
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 26 (9,057 Views)

Ditto, the Microsoft to Skype transition has not worked for me
pethun
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 26 (8,390 Views)

Wow.......doing great with the support there Skype! Anyway...I was having this problem and instead I changed my MSN password and then was able to login Skype w/ the new password. Here is the link
https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?mkt=EN-US
isey78
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 26 (8,342 Views)

The same happened to me. I still can't find a solution.

mairazlima
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 26 (7,757 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have found the solution..... Google voice. Until their so called support pulls their head out of their----

kwsky wrote:

I'm trying to reset my password for my account after I merged my Skype and Messenger together.

It wouldn't let me sign in using my usual password, and so I asked for a password reset.

I'ved tried it 3 times now, but everytime I click the link in the e-mail OR copy and paste the password token code manually, it says:

"Sorry that password token is not recognized, please try entering it again or get another password token."

It has done this 3 times now.

Please could anyone tell me how to fix this =/

All I want to do is move my contacts over AND sign into Skype to talk to my contacts =|

Matt1982
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 26 (7,670 Views)

I posted above how to do a password reset by using the MSN reset instead of Skype ^^

isey78
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 26 (7,644 Views)

Please, I'm experiencing the same problem with the password token, getting the same replay every single time, if anybody knows what to do could you pass on the info to me? Thank you!!!

faserjel
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 10 of 26 (7,562 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling