PROTECTION ALLERT ® voice call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

PROTECTION ALLERT ® voice call

I am getting a voice call from PROTECTION ALERT ® but have declined. I can find no information about this caller and I am guessing that it is bogus.

If I am correct then I will block the caller. Please let me know if this caller is real (From SKYPE) or bad and should be blocked.
Thanks,
TriviaWolf

TriviaWolf
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (559 Views)

Re: PROTECTION ALLERT ® voice call

correct, it's a scam.

please visit the thread below for instructions and suggestions on how to deal with such unwanted and suspicious activities;

How to Handle Suspicious Calls, Messages and Contact Requests (Scam/Spam)

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1557
Message 2 of 6 (556 Views)

Re: PROTECTION ALLERT ® voice call

I recieved an "urgent notification" from Skype itself.. telling me to go to web-site w^3 soslt . com and follow instructions.. I didn't go to the site (it's not even googlble) - is it also a scam?

Aleksia
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (430 Views)

Re: PROTECTION ALERT ® voice call

Quote: Alexsia
>  I received an "urgent notification" from Skype itself.. telling me to go to web-site w^3

>  soslt . com and follow instructions.. I didn't go to the site (it's not even googlble) - is

>  it also a scam?

Correct, that's a rogue site. Pretty much, any "urgent notification" is fake, whether it seems legitimate or not.

teamvistatech
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (427 Views)

Skype will *never* perform automated calling like that. It's safe to ignore and block these users. And best to also check the "Report abuse" box in the "Block contact" window.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12910
Message 5 of 6 (419 Views)

I just got a S call saying my virus protection has expired and to contact msgss dot com.
jennifergeist
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (406 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling