Not receiving password reset emails

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Not receiving password reset emails

[ Edited ]

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the right heading for this; if not, please point me in the right direction.

Anyway, I need to change my password on another account, but the email with the reset password isn't arriving in my inbox.  I have requested it be sent 3-4 times, and it has been ~4 hours since I put in the first request.  In addition, all of the skype help areas require I be logged in, which I obviously cannot do as I am not able to log in.

The account that I need to be reset is redacted for privacy; this account was made as a dummy account so I could post on the forums here.  Thank you for any assistance.

EDIT: To clarify, I typically go by redacted for privacy so my forum name HERE is redacted for privacy but is not attached to the account in question.  The skype account is redacted for privacy and that account has not posted on these forums.

It is a common misunderstanding that this Community is a branch of Skype Customer Service, when indeed our  Community Guidelines remind us it is not!   For your safety and protection, please never, ever include any personally identifiable information such as your real name, Skype account name, e-mail address, or a telephone number in a post on a public Community or forum such as this.  Thanks!

Caleb723
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 8 (1,885 Views)

Re: Not receiving password reset emails

Assuming that you already checked your junk/spam folders, I think you may need to contact customer service regarding your concern. Just click the link below to see the instructions on how you can get in touch with the Support team (specifically the last part in your case);

http://community.skype.com/t5/The-Skype-Lounge/How-to-Contact-Skype-Customer-Service/td-p/2056783

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1298
Message 2 of 8 (1,872 Views)

I'm having exactly the same problem!! I get the password sent to me around 8 hours after requesting it and can't access support as you need to log in. It's doing my head in!! I can log in via Facebook but can't actually make any calls from that account, I just have my overview page showing. Help!

klquinn75
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 8 (1,745 Views)

open the link I provided above on how to contact support, and read the last part

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1298
Message 4 of 8 (1,726 Views)

Not receiving any emails. What the heck. Tired of this. ······3#######!!!!!ªªª\\\\\

henry.larsson
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 8 (1,291 Views)

I'm having the same problem, and this is the THIRD account I've made to try and get help. I keep having computer issues where I need to do maintenance, and right after I start any system maintenance that involves saved passwords, I smack myself on the forehead thinking what an idiot I am. 

I'm a college student so it's difficult to keep track of papers, especially password papers.  GAH! HELP!

Jcowgirl1127
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 8 (1,035 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello. At me changed the e-mail address on an account with xxxxx@yyyy.zz on xxxxx2@yyyy3.zz (this is the villain malefactor). The password was respectively changed. I can't enter into Skype as I don't know the new password. Please, help to return the former address (xxxxx@yyyy.zz), and send the letter with reference to password change. I hope for the fastest correction of a situation. Request to send the answer to the xxxxx@yyyy.zz and xxxxx@yyyy1.zz

Nephros
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (1,014 Views)

My grand-mother has exactly the same problem, she never received the reset password email.

Also, you need to login to contact Customer Support which is completely stupid when you have lost your password!

I finally submitted a request on her behalf (after answering some stupid and lengthy questions such as my registration date or 5 contact names)... to end-up with a message saying that customer service is currently unable to process my request and I should try with the Skype community.

I tried the chat but it didn't work either.

I am moving away from Skype to Hangouts, I hope other will follow.

guiliguili
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (471 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling