Message from Skype (to me) in a foreign language

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Message from Skype (to me) in a foreign language

Every so often, I get messages from Skype in what appears to be Chinese language (and/or some other oriental language if not chinese), I can only guess is Chinese language by the symbols used in the letters but obviously because I do not speak Chinese and/or any of those particular (oriental) languages I can not understand what the letters are all about.  Sometimes when I add credit to my account I will get one such letter (again in what appears to be Chinese language) but includes the amount added to my account so I can somehow identify what the letter is all about, but a couple of days ago I received another letter in what appears is (again) Chinese language but with hardly anything on it I could understand, and my question is why is that if my language of choice is English I am receiving letters (from Skype) in Chinese.  What can I do about this and how can I have any correspondence from Skype coming to me be in English only.  I need to fully understand what Skype is trying to communicate with me, and using a language foreign to me does me no good.  What gives and how can this be fixed?

eltoloc
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (452 Views)

Re: Message from Skype (to me) in a foreign language

Is there is any possibility that you originally set up your account in the P.R.C., whereby your account may "think" it is in that country?  Regardless, please report this to Skype Customer Service soonest. contact customer service 

Until this is resolved, I do not recommend you add more credit to your account. Further, change your account password immediately, ensure all of your computer operating system's updates and patches are downloaded and installed, and update your preferred anti-virus/malware/spyware software and run it.  https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA143/Is-Skype-secure

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1972
Message 2 of 4 (436 Views)

I've got the same thing

I changed my password immediately, but the messages keep coming in.

Do I simply ignore?

I'm reluctant to put any credit on skype because it's not the first time the account has been hacked.

Untitled.png

perrygarrod
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 4 (139 Views)

Hello,

I approached Skype with the same problem, but they couldn't help and told me it was to do with my ISP. I have not changed any of my settings or been to China.

regards

leedubai
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (95 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling