Merge two accounts

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Merge two accounts

Hi, is there anyone could tell me how to merge two skype accounts's contact into one account? or how to change the account name? I have one skype account with my favorite contact in it, but its account name is little strange, I want to change that but can not find a way to do this....may someone can help with this? thank you so much! 

haoboli
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 9 (9,640 Views)

Re: Merge two accounts

Well, I have exactly the same problem/request but you didn't seem to have received an answer orsolution - and it's very diffcult to find a human support contact on this Website ... :sad:

WernerK
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 9 (9,565 Views)

Rif.: Merge two accounts

[ Edited ]

Hi haoboli,

you can't merge two Skype accounts, you can merge one Skype account and one MSN account.

It is not possible to rename a Skype account but you can change how it show up to others in their contact list, modifying the display name.

Take a look at the following guide:

Can I change my Skype Name in Skype for Windows desktop?

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA110/can-i-change-my-skype-name-in-skype-for-windows-desktop

But you may try to ask customer support ...

Use this link:

https://support.skype.com/en/support_request?

Choose a help topic, then Choose a related problem until at the bottom of the page show up the button "Continue support request", click it then go on with "Email support" or "Chat support".

Gianni
Gianni1962
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 46
Message 3 of 9 (9,557 Views)

Dear Gianni, thanx indeed but yr advise didn't work unfortunately, as I could only find 'Profile' but not 'My Profile' and under the 'Profile' there was no choice or link to 'Subscriptions & Bookmarks' ... but in any case, you said here that I can't merge 2 Accounts, which is a pity, because I have unused Credits in one of them, I don't want to waste
So how can I move/merge these Credits into myactive Account or into a corporate Acct. if necessary ??
Thanks again, Werner
WernerK
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 9 (9,554 Views)

The link provided in the previous post doesn't talk about "My Profile" or "Subscriptions & Bookmarks" ...

Where have you read that?

Can I change my Skype Name in Skype for Windows desktop?

It’s not possible to change your Skype Name. If you want to have a different Skype Name, you will need to create a new account.

Important: If you create a new account, you will need to re-add all of your Skype contacts. Also, you cannot transfer any Skype Credit or other features from your old account to your new account. If you have purchased Skype Credit or features that you wish to use, we recommend you don’t create a new account until you have used them.

You can change your display name without creating a new account. This is the name that you see when you’re on Skype, and is displayed in your friends’ contact lists, when you call someone on Skype, and in the message area when you have an IM conversation*.
To change your display name:

1. Sign in to Skype.
  2. In the menu bar, click Skype > Profile > Edit Your Profile….
  3. At the top of the Profile tab, next to Full name, click your name. An edit box is displayed.
  4. Type the display name you want to use and click the tick icon. Your name is changed.

*Your friends can change the way your name is displayed in their Skype, so the display name you see for yourself isn’t necessarily the one they see for you. You can also change a contact’s name: just right-click on it in your contact list and choose Rename. This only changes the name in your Skype, not theirs.

Sorry WernerK,

but I'm a simple user like you, I'm not a Skype employee.

Questions about Credits and Accounts must be asked directly to customer support.

Use the link I have provided to you in my previous post.

Gianni
Gianni1962
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 46
Message 5 of 9 (9,551 Views)

Though there is not direct way to Merge two accounts but you can always export the contact list from first account and import it into another account.

Skype >> Contacts >> Advanced >> Backup Contacts to file

Skype >> Contacts >> Advanced >> Restore Contacts from file
DarshanAtwal
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 9 (9,346 Views)

Hi there! I am, what looks to be, one of the many who wanted to merge two Skype accounts to preserve unused credits and my contact list. I appreciate the info you posted about exporting contacts. However, I am having a problem doing this because I do not have Outlook, which is the only file type, as far as I can tell, that it will allow in the export. Do you know if there is a way to get everything into an Excel Spreadsheet?

StephaniekYoung
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (8,731 Views)

I forgot my user name and created a second account. Finally found my old account from an old email account I had.  Now both have Balances on them.  How do I get the one account closed and refunded OR have the balance sent to the new account?

mmccaslin
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (5,285 Views)

it is not possible to transfer credits/balance from one account to another.  

Here's is where you can see the requirements and instructions on how to request for refunds;

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA297/how-do-i-request-a-refund

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1305
Message 9 of 9 (5,268 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling