Logouts on all devices

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Logouts on all devices

How do i make sure that noone that knows my old pw is still on my skype after i change my password?Is there a way to log out from al devices?

Elaine

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Greetings, bertus4321, and welcome to the Community!

Good news!

When you sign out and change your Skype account password, a sign-out is forced on all devices where you were previously signed in, even automatically.  In case you may not have seen it (although it looks like you have), here is the FAQ descibing the password re-set process:  https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA95/how-do-i-change-my-password

HINT: I strongly recommend ensuring that your account's registered e-mail address is correct before you enact the password re-set routine as a 'token' will be sent to your account's registered e-mail address. 

Best regards,

Elaine

View solution in original post
bertus4321
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 3 (16,619 Views)

Re: Logouts on all devices

Greetings, bertus4321, and welcome to the Community!

Good news!

When you sign out and change your Skype account password, a sign-out is forced on all devices where you were previously signed in, even automatically.  In case you may not have seen it (although it looks like you have), here is the FAQ descibing the password re-set process:  https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA95/how-do-i-change-my-password

HINT: I strongly recommend ensuring that your account's registered e-mail address is correct before you enact the password re-set routine as a 'token' will be sent to your account's registered e-mail address. 

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Update! :happy:  In my instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service , the blue "Send" button has been replaced with a green Next button; to file a request via e-mail, click "Send."

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1732
Message 2 of 3 (16,609 Views)

Re: Logouts on all devices

thank you :happy:
0 Kudos
tania_rsto
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (15,567 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling