Is Skype Secure to Videochat?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is Skype Secure to Videochat?

[ Edited ]

I used skype to chat with my wife(nude) who staying in bangalore and i am in delhi.I later reaalised and found that other person can record our video recorded or monitor our video conversation. I am much worried about this.How can i know whether our video is recorded by an unknown.Hacker's will target whom?? Please help me.

ayush1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 7 (26,241 Views)

Re: Is Skype Secure to Videochat?

ayush1 wrote:

I used skype to chat with my wife(nude) who staying in bangalore and i am in delhi.I later reaalised and found that other person can record our video recorded or monitor our video conversation. I am much worried about this.How can i know whether our video is recorded by an unknown.Hacker's will target whom?? Please help me.

Unless your or your wife's computer is jampacked with viruses, malware, spyware or similar elements, there is absolutely no way for a third party user to view, monitor, or record your chat and calls in Skype.

0 Kudos
VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 242
Message 2 of 7 (26,232 Views)

thank you but how can i know previous converstaion recorded by someon e or not??
ayush1
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (26,211 Views)

I want to know My previous converstaion recorded or not.I am ver afraid of that please tell me

0 Kudos
ayush1
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (26,212 Views)

I think there is no way to know if your call/video call is being recorded by the person you are speaking with (unless you ask them directly).  Some or most available recording software doesn't include the function to automatically inform the other party that their call is being recorded (in some software, and optional notification function is available).  It will be the discretion and responsibility of the person who want to record the conversation to tell the other party that their call is being recorded.

Yet, recording of calls, which may include Skype calls and video calls, are prohibited or illegal in some countries or localities.  You can check your government's website or offices, to see if you are protected with such laws or policies.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 242
Message 5 of 7 (26,198 Views)

Hello...
I want to knw if The video chat/ messages are saved on the server? If yes then can can these be obtained/copied/recorded from the server. Can skype officials view our video chatting??
Posted from Samsung GT-S5830
Rajatbahl86
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 7 (16,890 Views)

Hi, Rajatbahl86, and welcome to the Community,

No, Skype does not record any calls at all.  A third-party add-on software package must be used.  Please see this blog post for more information: http://blogs.skype.com/2012/07/26/what-does-skypes-architecture-do/

Regards.

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1899
Message 7 of 7 (16,869 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling