Invisible mode - not really invisible if contacts ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Invisible mode - not really invisible if contacts know when I on

[ Edited ]

I went to live chat and spoke to the Skype people and they said it was impossible for someone to know weather or not if I'm online when I use invisble mode, but I know for a fact this is not true.

To prove this I stop logging into Skype daily. Didn't sign in for like three weeks. Then I come online randomly at different points leaving my Skype on for hours at a time, whenever some of my contacts came online, they sent me a message "Nice to see ya, its been a way, etc." How could they know I was on at this random time. There is no way these people randomly guess at these random times they came on.

If it was an old message that Skype is catching up and to sycn with my account, like because they sent a while back when I was offline, it would have come through sooner since I been online throughout the day. Plus the message came through at the exact moment they came online.

I have a problem with this because some business contacts I don't want them to see I'm online. But I know they can, because invisible mode is not working.

What is their excuse, how else would they like me to prove it.

Can someone friend me, its UBER__ and I leave it online for a few days and then in a couple days I will come online invisible and you will see me online.

UB__ER__
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 24 (46,043 Views)

Re: Invisible mode - not really invisible if contacts know when I on

[ Edited ]

So I blocked all my contacts for about 2 weeks now.

I unblocked them today and now at random I will pick a day come online be set to invisible and if I get contacted by my contacts and someone says "Hi, where you been" This is obviously not some guess by rather they have way of seeing I'm online because I don't have any messages from them previously.

UB__ER__
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 24 (45,975 Views)

Hi, do not worry.  They do not know.
This just means they sent it while you were offline.  It is an option to send IMs to offline contacts.  It just shows it was "sent" at the time you received it even if it was not truly sent at that time.

okwhateverugh
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 24 (45,676 Views)

I think thare is a way. When someone is invisible and you send him a message it won't pend, it will be sent immediately. The little circling icon won't show. So this way they can figure out you are invisible. This also bothers me. Please solve this or tell me that i am wrong. If I'm invisible and someone sends me a message i should see it but the other part should only see the circling icon so they think that im offline, and only get to know that I'm not when i send them a message.

trublestarter
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 24 (45,384 Views)

trublestarter wrote:

I think thare is a way. When someone is invisible and you send him a message it won't pend, it will be sent immediately. The little circling icon won't show. So this way they can figure out you are invisible. ......

afaik, that is indeed correct.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 471
Message 5 of 24 (45,354 Views)

[ Edited ]

I know it is right, that you used to get backlog messages. Did this change recently? A few days ago I signed on invisble to see if I had gotten messages while offline. One person was online and I didn't have any old messages from him. I did that a few times over a few days but didn't get any messages. Yesterday I actuallyed sent him a message and got a few backlogged messages he had sent me while I was offline for the last few days.

MikeandIke
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 24 (44,484 Views)

I just don't get this .... Does INVISIBLE mean invisible or does it just make it completely obvious that someone is hiding?

ONLINE .......... green cloud with white tick

INVISIBLE........white cloud with green tick

Does invisible really mean visible "but wearing a disguise"..... Are they having a laugh?

MacBookPro user.

tommybr
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 24 (41,531 Views)

invisible icon is the same as offline icon.  meaning when someone select invisible status, they will appear as offline to their contacts.  they will still be able to send/receive messages and initiate/receive calls and video calls.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1554
Message 8 of 24 (41,483 Views)

Primemover wrote:

invisible icon is the same as offline icon.  meaning when someone select invisible status, they will appear as offline to their contacts.  they will still be able to send/receive messages and initiate/receive calls and video calls.  

Not for me Primemover ......

Offline icon is a black outline with a black 'x' in the centre

Invisible icon is a green outline with a green 'tick' in the centre

Online icon is a green solid with a white 'tick' in the centre

When I am invisible it is obvious I am online and in invisible mode ....... what's the point of having invisible mode??

tommybr
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 24 (41,463 Views)

what skype version or in what computer os/device are you using?  This one is a screenshot from the support pages of skype, and exactly what appears in Skype for Windows (I think also the same in most skype versions out there).

SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1554
Message 10 of 24 (41,330 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling