If I block someone, do they know that? Will they b...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

If I block someone, do they know that? Will they be able see if I am online?

If I block someone, do they know that? Will they be able see if I am online?

Please use plain text.
kitcarr22
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 8 (35,056 Views)

Re: If I block someone, do they know that? Will they be able see if I am online?

[ Edited ]

All depends. Some people are able to tell others can't. All depends how Skype savvy the person you have blocked is.  Sometimes you can tell just by viewing a profile or sending a message. However they should not be able to see if you are online. To them you will always be offline. If you have mutual friends however who are also on Skype and one of them mentions you are online. The person you have blocked will find out.  I dont like the block feature. It can make friends fall out.

Please use plain text.
CoolDude83
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 8 (35,047 Views)

Re: If I block someone, do they know that? Will they be able see if I am online?

just some additional info, they will not receive any warning or notifications when you block them (the same goes when you unblock them).

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Please use plain text.
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1651
Message 3 of 8 (35,009 Views)

Thanks for that.

I'm not lookin g to block 'real friends'

Unfortunately I accepted contact requests from a couple of people who had user names very similar to people who I know and they're a bit 'dark side'  so I'd like to lose them !

Please use plain text.
kitcarr22
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 8 (31,258 Views)

if you fell still necessary or if you think they are misusing Skype services, you can also report those accounts to abuse@skype.net.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Please use plain text.
Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 516
Message 5 of 8 (31,233 Views)

What if it's not for skype chat, but to block them from calling your skype phone?

I have someone really burning up my line, and it's a biz line.

But they are kind of a friend, so what happens when they call my skype phone number and I've blocked them?

Please use plain text.
LorraineP
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 8 (20,708 Views)

No, they will not know if you are online if you block them :wink:

Please use plain text.
clangsterz
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 7 of 8 (19,373 Views)

Not sure whether its valid for the new skype,I could see my contact and the status indicator shows they are online but only see their username (rather than edited nickname and also cant see their picture..it allows me to call or message but it just seems like they dont receive my messages ..

Please use plain text.
Simicha
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 8 (7,713 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling