Identity Theft

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Identity Theft

A couple of monhs ago I received a notice that my (free) account had been suspended for spupicious behavior or something to that effect. Since I have rarely used the service in the ten years or so I've been on, I ignored this. Someting later though I got curious and made inquiry. After about 30 minutes of discussion it seemed the only way to reinstate the account was to submit the actual date I had established the account. Good luck with that. 

So, I just deleted the app from my computer. There are reasonable and plentiful alternatives for my level of use. BUT

Today I received and email from Skype (notifications.skype.com) that started out like this:

“Hi there rgharrison1388,

Congratulations on joining Skype! Now you can enjoy the magic of free face-to-face calls, instant messaging, screen sharing and so much more — all with Skype."

It was addressed to my main email address, the one I use with all my accounts, including Skype when I had the account.

I have no idea who or what ‘rgharrison1388” is. So, I followed the welcome link and attempted to sign in with the idea of disabling the account if I could.

I ‘forgot’ my password and asked for a reset. I received it and was subsequently informed that my email address is associated with this account and my old one – rgharrison. I asked that the reset be applied to …1388. Again, I do not know who this rgharrison1388 is but I want my email address detached from it and then removed from your data files.

I tried figuring out how to send this info to you directly and had no luck. So here it is in this forum.

I will sincerely appreciate some positive action on this issue and promise never to darken your doorstep again – especially if you reciprocate.

(The actual) rgharrison

rgharrison1388
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (118 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling