I need to retrieve deleted chat history

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

I need to retrieve deleted chat history

Hello,

I don't save history on my computer, but I am in strong need to retrieve my recent chat history with one of the contacts, as I am going to sue this person based on what he had typed.

As Skype keeps all messages for 30 days in its server, how can I get 10-day old chat history between me and the particular person legally? I can pay, if this is paid service, of course.

Thanks a lot...

obill
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 5 (24,031 Views)

Re: I need to retrieve deleted chat history

[ Edited ]

i'm not completely sure, but I think skype doesn't save chat histories in their servers.  Histories are saved only locally.  hope that someone could confirm or deny this later.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1507
Message 2 of 5 (24,030 Views)

SKYPE PRIVACY POLICY

13. HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA KEPT BY SKYPE?

Skype will retain your information for as long as is necessary to: (1) fulfil any of the Purposes (as defined in article 3 of this Privacy Policy) or (2) comply with applicable legislation, regulatory requests and relevant orders from competent courts.

Retention of Instant Messages (Skype software application only)

Your instant messaging (IM) communications content may be stored by Skype (a) to convey and synchronise your messages and (b) to enable you to retrieve your IM history where possible. IM history messages will be stored for a maximum of 30 days. Skype will at all times take appropriate technical and security measures to protect your information. By using this product, you consent to the storage of your IM communications as described above.

Question is how to enable me to retrieve my IM history...?

obill
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 5 (24,027 Views)

[ Edited ]

from the phrase itself;

Your instant messaging (IM) communications content may be stored by Skype (a) to convey and synchronise your messages and (b) to enable you to retrieve your IM history where possible. IM history messages will be stored for a maximum of 30 days.

it doesn't say or confirm that they are storing chat histories at all times and at all cases. 

yet, I also mentioned in my reply that I'm not completely sure (that is only based from previous discussions and information available, not necessarily 101% correct), so you can contact Skype customer service (address pasted below) for a more accurate and official response (if retrieving that contact history is indeed possible, I think that they are also the ones who can provide you with the details you need), or just wait for a response from a mod, or a staff.

support.skype.com/support_selection 

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1507
Message 4 of 5 (24,023 Views)

HI THERE, I NEED TO RETRIEVE CHATS THAT I HAVE DELETED A FEW MONTHS AGO AND I NEED THEM NOW TO SUE MY EX PARTNER.

PLEASE HELP, I REALLY NEED THIS PROOF.

IF U KNOW HOW TO DO IT, EMAIL ME HERE: YOLAN74@LIVE.COM

0 Kudos
casalondres1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (15,172 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling