I am locked out of my account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

I am locked out of my account

After correcting the spelling of my name on my profile, I am no longer to get into skype, I have requested to change password, forget user name options and nothing, I have tried to set up new account and still it does not allow me to do that either, I need assistance, I have reinstalled the program I have done about everything and I still can't get back on to skype.. Please Helppppppp.
0 Kudos
giacaiozzo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (4,314 Views)

Re: I am locked out of my account

[ Edited ]

Hello Giacaiozzo,

I see you are having problems logging into Skype.  (You changed the name?  I cannot find the name "giacaiozza" in our system...)  The best thing at this point is to completely uninstall Skype (using the Windows "Uninstall a Program") from your computer and then download and re-install Skype Version 5.5.

Once you install the latest version, you should either use your existing user name and password or just create a new one that you can remember the name and password on. 

I hope this helps you get connected to Skype again.

Thank You for using Skype and the Skype Community Forums.

Regards,

Victor S.

Skype Enterprise Support
0 Kudos
VictorS
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 22
Message 2 of 6 (4,300 Views)

please unlock my account

kenela60
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 6 (4,274 Views)

Hello kanela60,

I'm very sorry that you are having problems logging into your Skype program.  The fact that you are telling me that you are locked out, may be due to a password change.

This first thing I need you to do is to use our Automated Password Recovery tool.

Clink the link below, read the page for instructins, and then answer the identity questions. The you will then receive another e-mail to reset your password.  Please write that password down and put in a safe place and then remember your password for your next login. Please do not let anyone else have that password.

https://login.skype.com/account/password-automation

Also, when you get back into your Skype program, click that Help button in the top and "check for upgrades" to make sure you are using the latest version of Skype.

I hope this gets you going and I hope you are chatting with your grand kids real soon.

Thank you for using Skype and the Skype Community Forums.

Regards,

Victor S.

Skype Enterprise Support
0 Kudos
VictorS
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 22
Message 4 of 6 (4,240 Views)

my sister has locked me out of my account by trying to log me in too many times because she logged me out.  My login name is DS5335.  I am needing someone to help me out because I do not know my password and I think this username is to an email account that is no longer used.  Thank you so much..

0 Kudos
ds5335
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 6 (3,841 Views)

Old thread now closed. New post transferred to create its own new thread.

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1297
Message 6 of 6 (2,091 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling