How to tell if someone is blocking you?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to tell if someone is blocking you?

Here is what I tried. Create another Skype account and call that someone you think have blocked you. If it says "connecting" and then it says "ringing" or he answers then he BLOCKED your REAL ACCOUNT. But if it says its "connecting" only and the call ended he might be offline for real. So you should do all of this at least at the time you know when he normally goes online. Try doing this thrice or at different times. You could also try adding him and then editing the introduction message. You should not reveal your real identity ok. If he adds you then that's it.
Posted from Apple iPhone
AFK
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 31 of 46 (25,277 Views)

Recently I've been communicating with someone on Skype. And they've stopped replying to my IM's Could you tell me the likelihood of me being blocked from the parameters below? FYI; - I use iphone Skype.

They still show as status online

I just now reinstalled Skype but now can't see their avatar
Can't see their contact count
Can't see their time zone

The IM's I send appear to go through- not pending or anything.

The other day my IM history with them suddenly disappeared- this was before I reinstalled Skype. Am I blocked and/ or deleted???
Please help.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Mememe123
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 32 of 46 (24,588 Views)

Mememe123 wrote:
Recently I've been communicating with someone on Skype. And they've stopped replying to my IM's Could you tell me the likelihood of me being blocked from the parameters below? FYI; - I use iphone Skype.

They still show as status online

no, you are not blocked.  If they have blocked you, they will appear as offline.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1681
Message 33 of 46 (24,582 Views)

So, there's no way they can appear as online and have you blocked?

What about IM history? Does that disappear if Someone blocks you?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Mememe123
Casual Adventurer
Message 34 of 46 (24,559 Views)

yes, you will see them as offline regardless of their real online status.  The copies of your conversation with them will not be deleted.  They will still remain saved in your computer and their computer (or device) unless you (and/or they) delete them (or set to be deleted after a certain period of time).

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Primemover
Power User
Message 35 of 46 (24,549 Views)

Many thanks.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Mememe123
Casual Adventurer
Message 36 of 46 (24,541 Views)

[ Edited ]

For me, now I can finally distinguish whether the person has blocked me or he/she is just simply offline. I tried adding my dummy account using my actual account, then blocked it. Then I signed in to my dummy account and tried sending messages to my actual account. Actually, I also tried sending a message to my sister's account using my dummy account. What I have noticed is that, when I sent a message to my actual account (which blocked my dummy account), it doesn't have that rotating circle on the right side of the message . While on my message to my sister's account, there was that rotating circle. - Meaning, my sister is just really offline. With this difference, I can now say that when somebody has blocked you and you tried sending message, no rotating circle appears. You can try this yourself too. :wink:

mage08
Casual Tourist
Message 37 of 46 (23,797 Views)

When a person blocks you...do they still see the messages tht you send them?....like if they have blocked u and u still keep sending them messages ,do they still receive them?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Shafa_0143
Tourist
Message 38 of 46 (21,508 Views)

My boyfriend is offline i can still send his messages

offline it says "'Just now'' I asked one of our mutarual friends 

if he is offline he replied yes I can still see his pic 

his timezone but whenever i tired to call it says failed 

but My messages goes through am I blocked?

cause last time I was blocked by him by his name is was a grey circle 

witha question mark and it said this person doesnt share info with you 

strawberrytarty
Casual Tourist
Message 39 of 46 (21,492 Views)

Shafa_0143 wrote:
When a person blocks you...do they still see the messages tht you send them?....like if they have blocked u and u still keep sending them messages ,do they still receive them?

yes, they will still see your previous chat conversations.

Shafa_0143 wrote:

both of you will not be able to send messages to each other.

Primemover
Power User
Message 40 of 46 (21,467 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling