How to tell if a friend deleted you from his/her c...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to tell if a friend deleted you from his/her contact list?

Oliviaw wrote:

You can add a contact and they will be in your contact list, but if there picture doesn't show and you can't contact them, then it means they didn't accept the request or have blocked you.

When you send a contact request to a user, their name will immediately appear in your contact list, but will be tagged with a different icon (usually a grey icon with a question mark).  This may indeed mean that they didn't approve your contact request, or haven't viewed it yet, but not necessarily means that you have been blocked.

Regarding the profile picture visibility, it depends if the user opted for their profile image to be visible to anyone (including non-contacts) or to contacts only.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1645
Message 21 of 46 (16,532 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am so very confused on this "blocking issue"....

I have a friend whom I've chatted with for weeks w/ no issues.  The past few days, none of my messages were going thru - I just get the grey swirling circle.  However, it showed he was online.  I could still see his profile pic, status, mood, local time, etc. 

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling skype - loosing all my history :sad: - in hopes of fixing whatever the issue is.

Now, it shows him online, but there is no profile picture and his mood no longer shows nor does his local time. I sent a message and again.....grey swirly circle.

I know he uses skype on his PC and his phone.  Could there be some syncing issue........or am I more than likely blocked?

Does this mean im blocked or is Skype just FUBR ??

myskypeissues
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 22 of 46 (16,063 Views)

The exact same thing was happening to me. My messages weren't going through, but I noticed this happened only when they were on their phone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling skype, also losing all of my history. It showed them online initially, but when I went to type a new message to them it changed to a grey ? I guess I'll find out the answer if i dont hear from them again :tongue:

Avaraine
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 23 of 46 (15,986 Views)

myskypeissues I've got the problem same as you

Surely! we aren't blocked because we still see the contact online.

I think this problem it's because of Skype.

My sister and her boyfriend got this problem also.

they online by phone next to each other,

both can see online status, mood, picture ..  all of contact's informations.

BUT cannot send any message, file and cannot call.

Now I can do only waiting for the time to connect that person... hope soon..

P.S.  I won't uninstall and reinstall skype, I don't want to lost the history message

Thanks for informed.

nadiakaa
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 24 of 46 (15,490 Views)

ok.. what if this ? mark shows only on the profile picture and not instead of the status (online\offline)

monamona
Novel Tourist
Message 25 of 46 (14,509 Views)

myskypeissues wrote:

I am so very confused on this "blocking issue"....

I have a friend whom I've chatted with for weeks w/ no issues.  The past few days, none of my messages were going thru - I just get the grey swirling circle.  However, it showed he was online.  I could still see his profile pic, status, mood, local time, etc. 

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling skype - loosing all my history :sad: - in hopes of fixing whatever the issue is.

Now, it shows him online, but there is no profile picture and his mood no longer shows nor does his local time. I sent a message and again.....grey swirly circle.

I know he uses skype on his PC and his phone.  Could there be some syncing issue........or am I more than likely blocked?

Does this mean im blocked or is Skype just FUBR ??

nope, based on your description you are not blocked.  Because if you are, that particular contact will appear as offline in your contact list.  the issue is something else.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1645
Message 26 of 46 (14,504 Views)

so, if i still see his/her picture, it means that i was not yet deleted?

I was wondering because i never see that person online anymore...

louloe1
Casual Adventurer
Message 27 of 46 (14,201 Views)

Re: Does anyone can reply this for me ? Thanks so much.

hi , thanks for all explanation. but one thing i  still didnt figure it.  i wanna know what's the different between A person in my contact list and A person who Blocked me ?

A person who is in my contact list, then open his/her Profile , it will be showing all his/her details. if that person is online right now , it will be showing Online.  if that person is not online right now, then will be show Offline. so it doesnt mean this person has blocked me. right ?   as you said if a person who's Blocked me. the Profile will be showing Offline.  so how can you explain that ? 

i do understand if someone who's deleted me , then i will see question mark on his/her profile picture. this one means this people already deleted me.

the second one is a person who's Blocked me.  when u open his/her Profile ,of course will be show offline for sure ,then also have little bitter info like : The last seen #/#2011. i wanna know about this time , is that mean someone blocked me at this time, also was last time saw me ?   also i have check my contact friends , also i can find this info on their profile , but they didnt blocked me. we still chat sometimes.  

one more thing is a friend of my contact list always show offline, but if he sign in his account , then i will see his notification for online. so from this point Does he didnt Blocked me ?  also another way  maybe he's blocked me , cuz as u said if a person show offline , it means has blocked me.  the important thing is this person online . so sure i can see his online. but it doesnt me he hasnt blocked me ? it makes me headache , waiting for your info , thanks for your time . 

zninamar2
Novel Adventurer
Message 28 of 46 (13,744 Views)

What if the person would have something written or have a smiley face in the status? Wouldn't that status take away the showing of the offline? 

vus-g19
Casual Tourist
Message 29 of 46 (13,073 Views)

Quick question: I have a person on my list who I believed blocked me for whatever reason. She used to be online every time she logged on her computer and hasn't been online for a long time according to Skype. Well I updated my Skype to the latest version the other day and coincidentally now I can see her display name and some other information about her (location, language, country) that I couldn't see before. On other contacts who didnt block me but haven't been online in forever, I can just see their Skype name. So is this enough evidence to determine im not blocked?
Posted from Apple iPhone
ultimateguy8
Casual Tourist
Message 30 of 46 (11,926 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling