How to stay invisible? Can I make it a permanent s...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to stay invisible? Can I make it a permanent setting?

It seems like I need to keep setting myself to invisible. But that is not useful since it lets people see that I am online as I sign on. I would like to sign on as invisible and remain that way. Is there a way to do this?

carrielee2112
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 11 (16,099 Views)

Re: How to stay invisible? Can I make it a permanent setting?

when you select the invisible status, other users will see you as offline.  though there may be ways to check if a user is really offline or just in invisible status, it will be up to the users themselves to train their contacts on how respect the possible reasons a user chose to be in invisible status.

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1558
Message 2 of 11 (16,096 Views)

[ Edited ]

carrielee2112 wrote:

It seems like I need to keep setting myself to invisible. But that is not useful since it lets people see that I am online as I sign on. I would like to sign on as invisible and remain that way. Is there a way to do this?

Also, please see this for what each status means and does: https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA3501/What-is-a-status-setting-and-how-do-I-change-it

0 Kudos
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 580
Message 3 of 11 (16,094 Views)

I just set my online status to invisible and it has stayed that way. I have skype set to automatically open when I turn on computer and it automatically makes me invisible.

0 Kudos
tiaria57
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 11 (16,074 Views)

tiaria57 wrote:

I just set my online status to invisible and it has stayed that way. I have skype set to automatically open when I turn on computer and it automatically makes me invisible.

Yes your last status will be used next time.

0 Kudos
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 580
Message 5 of 11 (16,071 Views)

just to add up, if you login as invisible at sign on, i think your contacts will not be seeing any notifications that you just login ( at least based from my own tests). :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1558
Message 6 of 11 (16,068 Views)

I also have this problem - I keep going "Invisible", but Skype sets me to "Online" automatically on restart, and also sometimes just randomly while logged in. Also I keep telling Skype to not start up automatically, but something always sets it to start up automatically. I now have a startup script using SysInternals "pskill" that waits for Skype to start and immediately kills it!
philiphibbs
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 11 (14,416 Views)

nonsense! im not on skype to train contacts...
this is driving people crazy, with everyone i talk they keep saying the same thing.
pall_mall
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 11 (12,202 Views)

Pall_Mall,

As you have revived an otherwise older thread, please post back with explicit details:

• What is the series of events in which this occurs?  What steps have you performed in the Client software to enable invisible status?
  • What version of the Skype software you are using and on what platform (computer as in Windows, iOS, etc. or mobile as in Android, iOS, etc.)
  • Confirm you are or are not signed on to Skype multiple times such as on your computer and a mobile device.  If you are signed on more than once, please detail on which computer and device(s).
  • Please provide any other pertinent details which may assist in unraveling this mystery and resolving.  Reminder, please do not post personally identifiable information here as this is a public Community.

Thank you,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1815
Message 9 of 11 (12,192 Views)

See this post:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8-from-Windows-Store/Skype-changes-status-from-quot-Invisible-...

Quote:

Tools > Options > Notifications > Alerts & Messages. Untick "Promotions".

user5583
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 11 (10,161 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling