How to find skype name from microsoft account?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How to find skype name from microsoft account?

I'm not quite sure where I should place this so I thought this would be a proper place. But the subject says it all. How do I find my skype name if I have a microsoft account. I know it says live:accountnamehere but I need to log in via web browser and I need my Skype ID. DANKE!

eggplantcompute
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (277 Views)

Re: How to find skype name from microsoft account?

If you have Microsoft account, then your login ID is the email address that you have used to create this account (e.g. eggplantcomputers@something.com or similar). Your given Skype name (e.g. live:eggplantcomputers) can't be used as login ID, but your friends can search for you using this name.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5512
Message 2 of 4 (252 Views)

Well is there anyway to find a login ID I can use? Because I need it in a browser and I can't enter my [Removed for privacy] thing.

eggplantcompute
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (244 Views)

Have you tried with the email address?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5512
Message 4 of 4 (239 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling