How to find out which email address I used to crea...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to find out which email address I used to create my skype account.

Hello,

I have a skype account but cannot recall the email address I used for this account. I know that I have used it in the past for skype credit and most of my friends and family have me on their contact list under that name.

I've created a new account since but I would still like to recover the old account since most of my family and friends have that account and I probably still have some skype credit on it.

The problem is that I don't have any order numbers or know which credit card was used since I haven't used that account in at least a year and probably more.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Phil

philhaj
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 5 (23,630 Views)

Re: How to find out which email address I used to create my skype account.

using your new account, open the Add a Contact button.  Then prepare a list of the possible email address associated with your original account.  Then one by one, enter those email address in the email address field in the search window.  Then once the search results shows your original account, that mean that the email address you entered in the one associated with it.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1572
Message 2 of 5 (23,628 Views)

thanks for the help Primemover but this brings me to my next issue.

I found out the email address associated to my account using the method you suggested, but when I type that email address in the "forgotten your password" page it says "Sorry but that email address is not in our records, please try again."

WEIRD!

BTW the email is philippe.hajjar@mail.mcgill.ca

I'm letting you know so maybe u can help me out

thanks!
philhaj
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 5 (23,624 Views)

in your case, I think you may need to contact customer service, as that account may already have been tagged as inactive by Skype (especially in the case that you haven't used that account for a long time).

link to customer service below;

https://support.skype.com/support_request

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1572
Message 4 of 5 (23,622 Views)

how to find other address?

ta1968
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 5 (9,372 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling