How to delete chat history from every computer/dev...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to delete chat history from every computer/device COMPLETELY?

I have a problem with deleting history completely. I would like to know how to do this.

Here is my problem: When i delete the history inside skype settings, it just deletes history from "this computer" but when i log in to another computer it shows up there! I have tried to delete it allready on 5 computers but the history is still there when i log in to another computer/phone!

So my question is, can some admin from skype delete all my history completely or can i do it by my self so the history is gone 100% and cannot be found again on another computer? 

If some admin can do it for me, i would like him to contact me! 

Or if a knowledge skype using member knows how to do, Reply this message then!

ridderidde
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (8,035 Views)

Re: How to delete chat history from every computer/device COMPLETELY?

[ Edited ]

I was at first confused Skype doesn't allow me to clear my chat history completely and permanently until I found that all chats are stored locally. So every time you log into Skype on another machine, Skype history is bringing back due to syncronization. Then i spotted Delete skype history http://deleteskypehistory.com. It works really well for Windows 7 and Windows 8 on my home machine and laptop. This program removes chat history with selection for one or multiple contacts. It also has a filter option that cleans out messages whatever date and time i specify. In this app, i can even make a backup of all chats. Restore option is included, too. Hope it’ll help. Have fun until Skype implements this feature.

ShineErica
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 2 of 5 (7,784 Views)

Hi, does it work on all computers that you have used just doing it in one computer?

dayna-rivera
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (4,567 Views)

hi, did you get an answer to your querry?  i have the same problem,  i wanted to completely delete the history of chat on all devices. 

i hope you would share it so i can apply it as well.

thank you

tkatz
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (3,763 Views)

hi, i just commented a similar question in another post and found this one. following one's recommendation I found their web-site. they also have "network edition" program that can remove messages on all devices, on both sides - mine and my contacts, Windows, Mac OS, android, iphone

http://community.skype.com/t5/Security-Privacy-Trust-and/Private-Settings-Chat-History-Not-Fully-Del...

Hope this will help somebody else...

mark2brown
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (137 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling