How to delete a sent video message

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to delete a sent video message

I've read somewhere on Skype that if you have sent a video message (those new ones that can be 3 inutes long), then it's not possible to delete them again, so no one can see them. As far as I know, the videos are stored at Skype (that's also why persons can retrive the video on a Skype website using a pincode), and not on the receivers computer, so it should be possible for the person, who have uploaded the video to Skype, to delete it again. Just as you do on other filesharing platforms.

My question: Is it possible to delete the viseo recordings? If not, why?

jensilso
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 35 (33,915 Views)

Re: How to delete a sent video message

i have the same question, can anyone help?
sandybeach
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 2 of 35 (33,725 Views)

Is there a solution to this I am actually looking at it, however eneded up with no options.

totaramudu
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 35 (33,681 Views)

Yeah, I really need help with this too :sad: Accidently sent a singing vid to my enemy, OH NO!!! :happy:
Millzie1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 4 of 35 (33,653 Views)

Sa_Ra5683
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 35 (31,956 Views)

Thanks for help and although I followed it and deleted history, I don't think that has deleted the message video message I've sent to someone - just deleted it from my screen - anyone know?

shepherd-fans
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 35 (30,788 Views)

No, the message is only deleted from your PC. That option only cleans your local history.

If you access your account from another PC/phone or any other device, it is still there.

Still looking for an option to delete it myself.

VladP
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 35 (29,834 Views)

Same issue here, I haven't found an answer anywhere and I cant delete the video from skype...
Posted from Samsung GT-I9305
kevink94
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 35 (29,758 Views)

sign in to skype,, go to the tools menu and click the menu 'options.' Go to the privacy tag and select the drop down menu near the 'clear history' option. Then select the 'no history' or you can select whichever date history you want to delete. Next click the 'clear history' button next to it, a pop window will appear and click 'delete' for confirmation. Afterwards press the 'clear skype cookies' and the n click 'save.'
kreezygae
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 9 of 35 (27,274 Views)

Could I review my video message by seeing and hearing what I have said before sending to the sender?:happy:

LBCityWalk
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 35 (25,162 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling