Re: How to Handle Suspicious Calls, Messages and C...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to Handle Suspicious Calls, Messages and Contact Requests (Scam/Spam)

Thx. But as a non thinking person, I DID go to the malicious website: and what do I do now?
0 Kudos
allisonb
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 21 of 111 (1,947 Views)

Get anti-virus and anti-malware software.

So again today 2 separate times I had to go into the settings to again remove them from allowing calls and IM's from anyone to just my list. It's amazing how stupid this default action is and apparently how forgetful the application settings are.

0 Kudos
coewar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 22 of 111 (1,940 Views)

allisonb wrote:
Thx. But as a non thinking person, I DID go to the malicious website: and what do I do now?

Run a full antivirus and other available security scans, then change your account password just to make sure.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1673
Message 23 of 111 (1,929 Views)

Scammer/spammer ...both Skype call -and- SMS text message:

Skype name: us14.urgent.notice
'full name': URGENT NOTICE®
(including the ®)

Blocked the jerkname, and emailed abuse@skype.net
0 Kudos
RpD
Novel Adventurer
Message 24 of 111 (1,908 Views)

So how exactly do these messages get to Skype developers? This forum isn't just for us to complain about it. This was the only means I found to send anything at all that someone from Skype might read. But it looks like it's going nowhere.

coewar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 25 of 111 (1,904 Views)

Coewar wrote:

So how exactly do these messages get to Skype developers? This forum isn't just for us to complain about it. This was the only means I found to send anything at all that someone from Skype might read. But it looks like it's going nowhere.

I agree.

I posted a question on the forum on Monday 12th September 2011. It is now Saturday 17th September 2011 and there has been no response. I don't know whether this is due to my lack of understanding of the procedure or there has been no response.

A holding response, like: we will investigate    at least shows the query has been received.

Can someone respond to this message to tell us when and how a response will be issued and if the poster will be told that a response has been issued,

Thank you.

JohnBlackmore53
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 26 of 111 (1,892 Views)

coewar wrote:

you are correct, this forum site is not an official support of Skype support.  but it doesn't necessarily mean that Skype is not reading and/or monitoring the topics and issues being discussed in this page.

Generally, you can send any concerns, feedback or questions to contactus@skype.net, and the customer support would just forward your messages to the most appropriate person or department if found necessary.  :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1673
Message 27 of 111 (1,888 Views)

thanks :happy: i received the same call too twice and have now blocked it!

0 Kudos
leoanna1299
Novel Tourist
Message 28 of 111 (1,849 Views)

I also received a call from this entity.  Unfortunately I not only answered the call but went to the site.  I kind of knew it was a scam and was actually trying to get info on them, but my search took me to the site.  I went no further.  I have a macbook and do not really know how to run a security scan.  I did block them out but don't know how to protect my computer.  And did you mean I should also close out this skype account and open up a new one?  Thanks for any help given.

0 Kudos
elainepjohnson
Casual Tourist
Message 29 of 111 (1,838 Views)

thanks for the information.  i have now set my privacy to accept calls from contacts only. 

0 Kudos
mattgoupie
Novel Tourist
Message 30 of 111 (1,804 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling