How to Delete List of "Recent Chats"?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How to Delete List of "Recent Chats"?

Under the "Chat" drop-down menu, Recent Chats shows a list of contacts I recently chatted with. Can anyone tell me how to delete that list of contacts (whether or not they're in my contact list). I know how to delete chat history but I want to delete the list of names in Recent Chats.

Thanks

esp4skype
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 7 (27,554 Views)

Re: How to Delete List of "Recent Chats"?

Hi Support,

Come on,  please lets have an answer to to this. Who asked you to show whoever is looking over my shoulder all my recent contact Icons on the right hand panel!!!?? On Android they pop up again and again even if I close the conversation

Its the same problem as on Chrome!  If you can remove them with an X click Skype then puts up all updates from xyz are now hidden, but there is no delete x box for the ICONs at the top of the page.  Also - can we have selective deletion of history by contact?? Is it still all or nothing; e.g. I don't want to delete history for every contact or no contacts. Furthermore I may want to delete history between two dates for all or selected contacts. Privacy and security are prime issues. Also why on earth do I have to try 3 times to close Skype - If i hit the X in the top right hand corner, I expect the Application to close - NOT minimise!!!!! and let some passer by search my history, change my password, hijack my account, phone Egypt etc.... Are yoiu guys so so so stupid that you deliberately leave a an app open when a user thinks they have closed it - GET A GRIP!!!

AtoZ
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 2 of 7 (27,526 Views)

How do you delete chat history???? Many people want to know this. Please give the answer)
vanila
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 3 of 7 (27,413 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dear All,

To completely delete chat history and to clear the names on the Recent tab:

https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA392/Where-can-I-find-my-conversation-history-and-what-can-I-do...

To close the Skype windows, indeed, click on the X.  Skype is designed to run in the background so that you can work elsewhere on your computer/device and still be signed on to receive calls and instant messages.  To sign out of the Skype client and shut down the application completely, starting at the menu bar above your Contacts list,

Click Skype -> Sign out.  Right-click on the Skype icon which appears in the "tray" or at the bottom of your monitor -> Quit Skype.

For Android devices, best practice would be to post enquiries on the Android message board:  http://community.skype.com/t5/Android/bd-p/Android

Regards,

Elaine

P.S. Please note, I am a Win7 PC on Skype version 5.9.0.114.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the Accept as a Solution link so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the Kudos button!

Trustworthy information: David Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Good Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1624
Message 4 of 7 (27,410 Views)

For what it's worth, this did not answer the question.  Inserting a hyperlink to a page of vague, almost similar questions/hyperlinks/answers just isn't working.  Please answer the question.  How does one delete/remove the names from the drop down list called Recently Closed Conversations"?  Please give simple, direct answers.  No hyperlinks to similar questions, no references to other functions.  It's a simple question and very direct.  Please, this time, just answer it.

VetteMan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 7 (27,014 Views)

How do you delete list of Recently Contacted from an I phone 4s?

warrenmalcolm
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 7 (26,933 Views)

Try "long pressing" on each individual contact's name.  A little menu should then pop up and ask you if you either want to add that contact to your list of favorites or otherwise remove that contact from your list of recent chats.  (I am embarrassed to say how long it took me to figure this out.)  Hope this helps and good luck.

FriendlyUser
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 7 (22,274 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling