Re: How do I delete blocked contacts appearing on ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

How do I delete blocked contacts appearing on my homepage?

How do I delete blocked contacts off my home page?

JulianB21
Former Staff

Accepted Solution

Hi,

If you wish to remove blocked contacts from your contact list, please follow below steps:

1. Search the blocked contact name that you'd like to delete.
2. Right-click the contact’s name and select 'Remove from Contacts'.
3. In the message box, tick Remove from your Contact list.

Hope this helps.

Julian

View solution in original post
Dicklog29
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 29 (9,967 Views)

Re: How do I delete blocked contacts appearing on my homepage?

Hi,

If you wish to remove blocked contacts from your contact list, please follow below steps:

1. Search the blocked contact name that you'd like to delete.
2. Right-click the contact’s name and select 'Remove from Contacts'.
3. In the message box, tick Remove from your Contact list.

Hope this helps.

Julian

JulianB21
Former Staff
Kudos: 21
Message 2 of 29 (9,947 Views)

How to delete any traces of deleted contacts? I still see them If I type them in the search box. They appear with a ? mark and I can't get rid of them. It says they are not in my contact list...but I wanted them not to appear at all. Is that possible? I am really upset with Skype that such a stupid thing seems to be so difficult.

Manuel1905
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 29 (8,469 Views)

Manuel1905 wrote:

How to delete any traces of deleted contacts? I still see them If I type them in the search box. They appear with a ? mark and I can't get rid of them. It says they are not in my contact list...but I wanted them not to appear at all. Is that possible? I am really upset with Skype that such a stupid thing seems to be so difficult.

probably what you are seeing are your chat histories with those deleted contacts in the Recent Tab.  You may also need to delete your chat histories to remove those.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1308
Message 4 of 29 (8,450 Views)

Have done that already. They won't go away...

Manuel1905
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 29 (8,383 Views)

I have the same question: How do I delete blocked contacts appearing on my homepage?

Contacts who were deleted and/or BLOCKED several weeks or months ago are appearing on my home page.

If we go to the extent of deleting and blocking a former contact, clearly we don't want to see their faces popping up on our home screens at random!!

When I search these names and right click - there is no option to remove from contacts; only to unblock.

I'm having the same problem with contacts added only as a phone contact; can't get them off of my profile/lists.

Please advise.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
aubieged
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 29 (7,403 Views)

aubieged wrote:

I have the same question: How do I delete blocked contacts appearing on my homepage?

Contacts who were deleted and/or BLOCKED several weeks or months ago are appearing on my home page.

If we go to the extent of deleting and blocking a former contact, clearly we don't want to see their faces popping up on our home screens at random!!

When I search these names and right click - there is no option to remove from contacts; only to unblock.

I'm having the same problem with contacts added only as a phone contact; can't get them off of my profile/lists.

Please advise.  Thanks.

There seems to be now a bug in the new algorithm for selection of the "top contacts". There have been several users reporting that blocked contacts suddenly started to appear as one of the "top contacts". I don't think that there is anything you can do about this on your side. This bug must be fixed by Skype.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Blocked-and-Deleted-Contacts-are-showing-up-on-...

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/pictures-on-blocked-contacts/m-p/2962714/highli...

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/start-page-picture/m-p/2962298/highlight/true#M...

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/how-to-change-or-delete-contacts-from-skype-hom...

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Selective-Deletion-of-History-Possible/m-p/2965...

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/I-ve-blocked-and-deleted-a-contact-why-do-they-...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5736
Message 7 of 29 (7,390 Views)

Please, hurry up. It's sooo annoying to see people's faces you don't want to see...

0 Kudos
catiniux
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 29 (7,231 Views)

The issue is caused by a bug in the latest 6.14 version. You can try to revert to the previous 6.11.0.102 version:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Blocked-Contacts-showing-as-quot-top-contacts-q...

0 Kudos
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5736
Message 9 of 29 (7,184 Views)

I have the same problem. I can't simply believe Skype has not fixed this bug. It is insane when you have girlcams hunting for customers using Skype. Skype doesn't know if the outrach of these girl cams is hitting minors. For this reason and others, the user should be able to delete blocked contacts.

0 Kudos
ArturoC
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 29 (7,160 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling