Re: Hacking of video calls ?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Hacking of video calls ?

Hi.. I talk to my GF through video calls.And we have been naughty last nit. My GF scared of video call hacking and seen by others?? Whom are not added into her contact account? Because since last nit she's receiving too many requests to add ? plzzz reply.. Thanks

shaani7861
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (10,563 Views)

unwanted, random, and strange contact requests are indeed very, very common in Skype nowadays. In most cases, those users who are sending those contact requests are fraud or scammers, but not necessarily hackers. there is no way for anyone or anything to hack your video calls, unless your (or her) computer has some sort of a virus/malware/spyware that is designed to do that.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1285
Message 2 of 5 (10,552 Views)

can i just ask, how would you know if your computer has a virus/malware/spyware.. i have norton 360 security and it is saying it is secure? but my computer sometimes just shuts down randomly
joanneellie01
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 5 (10,550 Views)

Thank u for reply... But we were using skype through mobiles,,, that's why we are worried for plz help us.... Is it possible to hacked or seen by third parties if we have used through mobile ??

shaani7861
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 5 (10,527 Views)

shaani7861 wrote:

Thank u for reply... But we were using skype through mobiles,,, that's why we are worried for plz help us.... Is it possible to hacked or seen by third parties if we have used through mobile ??

I think viruses in computers are more advanced as compared to viruses in mobile devices.  so just the same, hacking of Skype calls when using a mobile device is also less likely (if not impossible).

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1285
Message 5 of 5 (10,519 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling