Hacking of an account??

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hacking of an account??

Hi,

Maybe somebody had a similar situation. Today i came back home, my computer was on and skype was running. I observed an conversation between me and friend from the list. I interrupted the conversation and asked the people what is going on, my friend told me that she thought that she is talking with me, and sb was still taking part in this conversation and wrote more. It could be possible when my account would be active on two computers and my brother was making fun of me but the fact is that my skype account was active only on my computer. Is it possible to get the knowledge from what ip my skype account was used? Or to trail the person that was doing it? Please let me know.

Mattanjah
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (188 Views)

Re: Hacking of an account??

Mattanjah wrote:

Please let me know.

Your account was hacked. Please change your password IMMEDIATELY.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1411
Message 2 of 4 (182 Views)

[ Edited ]

i thought it might be the case.... the person (woman) said she was here in the states... low and behold she is in Aftrica.
wanting to chat and what not.... i chatted with her a while just to get that info....i do no think she was aware that i had an idea of what her thought were.... this is just my guess. the phone number is  xxxxxxxxxxxxx

j-wood3
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (174 Views)

j-wood3 wrote:

i thought it might be the case.

Hello,

Never post any private data on the Forum. This is a public internet site.

If you feel your account has been compromised please change your password immediately.

Thank you.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1411
Message 4 of 4 (145 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling