Got a missed call from VIDEO MESSAGE RECIEVED! GO ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Got a missed call from VIDEO MESSAGE RECIEVED! GO TO MAILVSV

[ Edited ]

I got a missed call an hour ago from an account named VIDEO MESSAGE RECEIVED! GO TO MAILVSV or s1329411879499.. I did type the URL and it then it redirected me to MSGPD with a download button in the middle. I have found no other reported occurrences and it seems to be something similar to a phishing scam. I'd like any leads or contact information on who I should bring it to attention.

MarCar0407
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 15 (2,907 Views)

Re: Got a missed call from VIDEO MESSAGE RECIEVED! GO TO MAILVSV

I just now got a call from with this same message. It's 9:26 PM In the pacific timezone at the moment. It screams scam of some kind to me. I'd reccomend not answering and don't go to the URL. 

To the OP, i'd recommend you run a full virus and spyware scan ASAP. It's likely you contracted a virus just from going to that URL. I'm not sure if you are awareor not, but there is a thing called a drive-by-download where all you have to do is mouse over a certain spot on a webpage and it will download and install a variety of nasty things to your system. Linux and Mac systems are not safe from this either.

BrittBit
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 15 (2,889 Views)

I just got tht call and it scared me half to death.. Does anything happen if you answer it? I pressed decline.

jessmh
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 15 (2,844 Views)

[ Edited ]

I got a call not more than 5 minutes ago, and I answered it nothing happened except a automated message. I would not listen to anything it says, they should not be sending messages to private skype user's. No one should be sending me messages except for the people I've given my skype username. Please fix this skype. and fast.

Auraleo
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 15 (2,820 Views)

I just received two of these as well. I didn't answer them and of course didn't go to the link. I also blocked the account that sent it.

Kira-P
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 15 (2,756 Views)

I deleted the voice message and blocked the contact. There is an option to "report abuse" when you block the contact. So I would think that would be a way of alerting Skype. 

lvieira
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 15 (2,684 Views)

Oh... I reported too when I blocked. lol

Kira-P
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 15 (2,680 Views)

I have received two of these.  I would never go to that website.  It is obviously a phishing ploy.  I blocked the caller each time so they can't call again, but since each call was from a different number, these could continue.  Skype should investigate and squelch whoever this is.

Boquete
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 15 (2,541 Views)

I got that call from one of my contacts, at 11:30 at night, which I know they would not call at that time.  No actual video message in my skype account- what the heck?  We need this resolved as those calls are scary.  Kept me up all night wondering.

pc_karen
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 15 (2,540 Views)

those are bogus notifications indeed.  ignore, block the user, and report them to abuse@skype.net.

In addition, Skype doesn't send such notifications when someone receives a video message.  Users are also not required to install or use any third party external software or apps to send/receive/and view video messages.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 226
Message 10 of 15 (2,502 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling