Getting an IP from Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Getting an IP from Skype

[ Edited ]

Hello there,i've really serious problem..

I'm hosting an internet business in my PC,my problem is that i'm getting DDOS by  enemies,they're getting my IP via my Skype name...Please try to fix this or tell me how to avoid.

0 Kudos
Afqancic
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (3,090 Views)

Re: Getting an IP from Skype

Checking for you.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1322
Message 2 of 9 (3,078 Views)

dude i've latest version of Skype but they still can get my ip through some special website..they even made business selling someone's ip for money
do something for this!!!
0 Kudos
Afqancic
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (3,075 Views)

Will someone help me here or i must leave using Skype??

0 Kudos
Afqancic
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (3,022 Views)

The best way to avoid getting DDoSed is using your internet behind a router+firewall that will identify and discard those requests.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
0 Kudos
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11930
Message 5 of 9 (2,968 Views)

The best way is not to have the IP broadcast to others.
This is a SERIOUS issue.
Many gamers use Skype as it has superior audio quality to such applications as Teamspeak etc but are looking for alternatives en masse as this vulnerability gets more popular.

I know many who have been hit by this, it only needs a request from someone to get the IP, even if you deny it.
A friend was DDoS'd on a live stream for charity by someone who used this method.

It is simple, often done by teenagers who think they are 'uber haxxors', and it is a big concern.

Please fix it as a matter of priority. I, for one, will not be renewing my premium account stuff when it is due as I will have moved to something else. Reluctantly.

The fact you think that a firewall will stop a DDoS attack somewhat alarms me as to the likelihood of this ever being fixed. Yes it will not let anything into your PC but the attack will still down your connection.

My advice to the Original Poster would be to contact his ISP and ask for a new IP but that will only give a brief respite until they try again.

Mowe
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 9 (2,909 Views)

I already have Router+Firewall+Premium antivirus stuff etc.

i just need you to block this issue..It's a big problem for all of us,no privacy

0 Kudos
Afqancic
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (2,853 Views)

no one could help me to avoid this problem?

0 Kudos
Afqancic
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (2,795 Views)

Afqancic wrote:

no one could help me to avoid this problem?

try to connect to Skype through a Proxy server

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1017/can-i-connect-to-skype-through-a-proxy-server

you can use a free HTTPS proxy/IP

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 5787
Message 9 of 9 (2,785 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling