Fraud Report: Free Online Skype promotions 2012?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fraud Report: Free Online Skype promotions 2012?

[ Edited ]

Does anybody know where to report Fraud within skype? I got this message from a user called "Skype Team".

Congratulations!!! Your Skype account was selected as one of the four lucky winner of £1.000.000.00 Great British Pounds Sterling in the ongoing Free Online SKYPE  promotions in this  year's  2012 and which was recently held in the United Kingdom.  Here is your claims code: "SK83YPE" .  For claims: Simply Send claims code To Free Online Board Service Headquarters Below. Contact Mr. Morris Park, Email {skype.team405@hotmail.com} phone: +44-793-528-4965 Congratulations once again from the entire management and staff of SKYPE Corporation SINCERELY, Mr. Morris Park. Claims Agent.

I blocked the user and did not follow any of the instructions as I went through the skyper network and found some suggestions. Please let me know where to report such fraud to.

Thanks,

Giovannimapfino

giovannimapfino
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 46 (10,135 Views)

Re: Fraud Report

[ Edited ]

you can send the details to abuse@skype.net.  This is Skype's generic email address, and I think they are the ones who will forward your report to the relevant team or person.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1474
Message 2 of 46 (10,126 Views)

Beware of a Skype user Dave Masih31, this guy tries to solicit personal credit info from you. Does anyone know how to trace a Skype user by name to uncover additional information on a user, like this guy? 

canadiancat2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 46 (10,072 Views)

you can report that user to your local police.  Then they can contact Skype and request for information that they may need for their investigation.  Skype will only disclose sensitive information such to the proper law enforcement bodies.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1474
Message 4 of 46 (10,059 Views)

There is also someone who is impersonating a General in Afghanistan, who goes by "Gen. Chris Brown".  When asked about his background, he supplied a pre-populated "resume" of his so-called military career and he says he is British...but has a home in Queens, NY.  He also says his wife is deceased from a car accident and he is lonely.  His English is very poor, which was the first sign that something was not right.  After corresponding (on an infrequent basis over a month or so - with only vague responses to any questions that require detail), he finally gets to what he is after....he says he found 10.5 million U.S. dollars in a trunk in Kabul and needs assistance getting it to the U.S.  It didn't take long to figure out that this was a scam!  Please beware of this person and do NOT accept his request!

If anyone has suggestions on how to report him to the authorities, please advise.  Predators like this must be stopped!

kjaniszewskicq1
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 46 (9,875 Views)

Hi 

I have had a similar experience with someone called Gen Chris Brown. Said he wanted to buy property in South Africa for retirement. He was looking for someone to collect a briefcase from a diplomat. see message below.

The funds is packed in the briefcase cover with some famly valuable so no one will suppect that its funds
[11:30:33 AM] Gen Chris Brown: All you have to do is to contact the Diplomat now and he will deliver the Briefcase to you
[11:30:48 AM] Gen Chris Brown: he also dont know the real content of the box
[11:31:44 AM] Gen Chris Brown: Then i will give you the code to access the box so you can make payment before someone else buy the property

alida_jacobs
Tourist
Message 6 of 46 (9,844 Views)

Hello Everyone. First time I decided to take part in Skype community to let you know that the skype names mentioned below have tried to contact me selling fairy tales from Afganistan. Their last activity was last night 14/05/2013. Please, everyone be careful, if someone from the names listed below adds you, it's 100% scam. DO-NOT-BELIEVE a single word, even if they mention the name of God. Surely, such people are absolutely not firing neither humans nor God. Please find the names listed below and be careful!
Ajanomi Blessing
 Christ Rolland
It.jamesIterry
Chris Richard
Richie Scott Mark
Gen.john.catwell
Ssavsagar1
Metin56441
dr.david.mark
Lucky frank
Lt Gen, Daniel. B. Alleyn
Jim.white
gen mark A welsh
Jones.miller16
John.miller4200
Posted from Apple iPad
Male_scammers
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 46 (9,120 Views)

you can also add michael andersen user name mandersen60 is also a scammer, but at least i got 12 long stemmed roses

blb2802
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 46 (9,018 Views)

[ Edited ]

There's now another swine from Dubai trying to defraud people out of money.

Here's his approach:

[Mod edit: Please do not include personal/private information when making a public post. Thanks!]                                                                                                                                                                                                          

Hello PRICE, 

I have tried to reach you on Skype phone, but your line was busy, so I decided to write you this message. I have been in search of someone with this last name" PRICE", so when I saw you online, I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other. I am Mr. Husam Al Sayed, a Bank Officer here in U.A.E. I believe it is the wish of God for me to come across you now. I am having an important business discussion I wish to share with you which I  believe will interest you, because it is in connection with your last name and you are going to benefit from 
One Late Peter  PRICE, a citizen of your country had a fixed deposit with my bank in 2005 for 108 calendar months, valued at US$30,000,000.00 (Thirty Million United State Dollars) the due date for this deposit contract was last 22nd of January 2013. Sadly Peter was among the death victims in the May 27 2006 Earthquake disaster in Java, Indonesia that killed over 5,000 people. He was in Indonesia on a business trip and that was how he met his end. My bank management is yet to know about his death, I knew about it because he was my friend and I am his account officer. Peter did not mention any Next of Kin/ Heir when the account was opened, and he was not married and no children. Last week my Bank Management requested that Peter should give instructions on what to do about his funds, if to renew the contract. I know this will happen and that is why I have been looking for a means to handle the situation, because if my Bank Directors happens to know that Peter is dead and do not have any Heir, they will take the funds for their personal use, so I don't want such to happen. That was why when I saw your last name I was happy and I am now seeking your co-operation to present you as Next of Kin/ Heir to the account, since you have the same last name with him and my bank head quarters will release the account to you. There is no risk involved; the transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law. It is better that we claim the money, than allowing the Bank Directors to take it, they are rich already. I am not a greedy person, so I am suggesting we share the funds equal, 50/50% to both parties, my share will assist me to start my own company which has been my dream. Let me know your mind on this and please do treat this information as TOP SECRET. We shall go over the details once I receive your urgent response strictly through my     
personal  Email address:                                          
[Removed for privacy]

We can as well discuss this on phone; let me know when you will be available to speak with me on Skype. Have a nice day and God bless. Anticipating  your communication.

Husam  Al Sayed. 
EMAIL: [Removed for privacy]
wendovertony
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 9 of 46 (8,916 Views)

[ Edited ]

heres another recieved 9/4/2013 same Husam Al Sayed, differend email.

[8:21:29 PM] HUSAM AL SAYED: FROM: Husam Al Sayed.
Email: [Removed for privacy]

Hello Nolan,

I have tried to reach you on Skype phone, but your line was busy, so I decided to write you this message. I have been in search of someone with this last name " Nolan", so when I saw you online, I was pushed to contact you and see how best we can assist each other. I am Mr. Husam Al Sayed, a Bank Officer here in U.A.E. I believe it is the wish of God for me to come across you now. I am having an important business discussion I wish to share with you which I believe will interest you, because it is in connection with your last name and you are going to benefit from it.

One Late Peter Nolan, a citizen of your country had a fixed deposit with my bank in 2005 for 108 calendar months, valued at US$30,000,000.00 (Thirty Million United State Dollars) the due date for this deposit contract was last 22nd of January 2013. Sadly Peter was among the death victims in the May 27 2006 Earthquake disaster in Java, Indonesia that killed over 5,000 people. He was in Indonesia on a business trip and that was how he met his end. My bank management is yet to know about his death, I knew about it because he was my friend and I am his account officer. Peter did not mention any Next of Kin/ Heir when the account was opened, and he was not married and no children. Last week my Bank Management requested that Peter should give instructions on what to do about his funds, if to renew the contract. I know this will happen and that is why I have been looking for a means to handle the situation, because if my Bank Directors happens to know that Peter is dead and do not have any Heir, they will take the funds for their personal use, so I don't want such to happen. That was why when I saw your last name I was happy and I am now seeking your co-operation to present you as Next of Kin/ Heir to the account, since you have the same last name with him and my bank head quarters will release the account to you. There is no risk involved; the transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of law. It is better that we claim the money, than allowing the Bank Directors to take it, they are rich already. I am not a greedy person, so I am suggesting we share the funds equal, 50/50% to both parties, my share will assist me to start my own company which has been my dream. Let me know your mind on this and please do treat this information as TOP SECRET. We shall go over the details once I receive your urgent response strictly through my personal email address,

[Removed for privacy]
We can as well discuss this on phone; let me know when you will be available to speak with me on Skype. Have a nice day and God bless. Anticipating your communication.

Husam Al Sayed.
[Removed for privacy]

AlcNolan
Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 46 (8,181 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling