Forgot my password , forgot the email

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Forgot my password , forgot the email

I have really big problem. I forgot my password and my email and I can't log in skype. I have one email in tough but I used to delete it because, there was about 5000 SPAM messages. Is there any way I can get in my skype account ? This account that I am using right now is from my older skype account

Elaine

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Dear vacheto0o,

As Primemover suggests, if you do not have means to validate or authenticate your rightful ownership of the account such as via billing history, you may not be able to restore access to the account.  Here is information on the type of details which may be used to prove account ownership, which includes a link to reaching Skype Customer Service:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA95/how-do-i-change-my-password

Best regards,

Elaine

View solution in original post
vacheto0o
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 26
Message 1 of 24 (167,834 Views)

Re: Forgot my password , forgot the email

[ Edited ]

if your account has a billing or purchase history in the last 6 months, you can request for a new password without the need of your registered email address. just click the link below;

Updated to add current link:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA95/how-do-i-change-my-password?

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1681
Message 2 of 24 (167,821 Views)

It hasn't got billing history

vacheto0o
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 24 (167,818 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dear vacheto0o,

As Primemover suggests, if you do not have means to validate or authenticate your rightful ownership of the account such as via billing history, you may not be able to restore access to the account.  Here is information on the type of details which may be used to prove account ownership, which includes a link to reaching Skype Customer Service:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA95/how-do-i-change-my-password

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1958
Message 4 of 24 (167,779 Views)

oh, but I really need my skype :mad: Bad Luck

vacheto0o
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 24 (167,761 Views)

i change my passward and then forget .i also forget my email and passward which i used in for skyp account now how can i recover my account
irfan_chottani
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 6 of 24 (165,248 Views)

I have two email addresses, How do I get the other one logged on?

E.J.B
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 7 of 24 (159,423 Views)

password reset tokens will be only sent to your registered email address (primary email address).  You can have more than one additional emails in your profile (profile email addresses), but you can't request password reset tokens to be sent there.

So in your case, you need to contact customer support (if you have no access to your registered email address anymore). They may ask you to answer some verification questions to prove that you indeed own that account, before they can assist you in resetting your password

Just open the link pasted below to see the instructions on how to get in touch with customer service -

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/how-can-i-contact-skype-customer-service

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

0 Kudos
Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 529
Message 8 of 24 (159,368 Views)

i lost my skype password
loveronu
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 9 of 24 (157,403 Views)

loveronu wrote:
i lost my skype password

Here is the link to Skype's Password reset request page. Just enter your registered/primary email address in the box, the click the Submit Button;

https://login.skype.com/account/password-reset-request

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 243
Message 10 of 24 (157,380 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling