Fake emails from paypal re Skype subscription!!! B...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Fake emails from paypal re Skype subscription!!! BE AWARE!!

[ Edited ]

I just received this email from some fraudster, but it looks totally like a Paypal email. It is claiming that I have ordered 3 month Skype subscription for £39.00. Below is a link which takes you to paypal resolution centre (but does not really) where you can dispute the transaction and get a refund!!!!!!

Here is the email:

Subject: Transaction ID: 55RD9132528474UK23 From: transactiononline@onlinepay.pay.co.uk Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:12:08 +0200

PayPal logo  
You sent a payment of 39.00 GBP to Skype (sales@skype.com) Thanks for using PayPal. To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Merchant Skype sales@skype.com Instructions to merchant You haven't entered any instructions.
Shipping address - Unconfirmed United Kingdom Postage details The seller hasn.t provided any postage details yet.
Description Unit price Qty Amount
3 month subscription 39.00 GBP 1 39.00 GBP
Subtotal 39.00 GBP
Total 39.00 GBP
Payment 39.00 GBP
Payment sent to sales@skype.com 
Issues with this transaction? If you haven't authorized this charge, open a dispute at:
XXXXXXXXXXXXX and get a full refund.

I have reposted this to Paypal as well but thought that I'd better let others know as well about this.

Clearly these criminals are trying to get your paypal login and steal your money.

BE CAREFULL!!

EDIT : phishing link removed

Suvi77
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 49 (40,116 Views)

Re: Fake emails from paypal re Skype subscription!!! BE AWARE!!

I have received exactly the same email with the same reference number.

jane_pallot
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 49 (40,080 Views)

I've just received exactly the same email. I'm going to change my security/password, etc just in case!

sarahlouisebird
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 49 (40,056 Views)

I have received the same thing, same reference number - its good, but obviously not good enough as we saw through it immediately (us three on this forum so far!) so others will too :happy:

K8
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 49 (40,050 Views)

I received this same Skype/paypal email today, so the little 'darlings' (cough) are still trying to steal our hard earned cash. I wonder how many have not realised. It is good, and I had used my name and password, it was only when I saw the details they wanted that I realised. Please be careful everyone x
Jeankemp
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 49 (39,940 Views)

I got the samew scam email too and unfortunately gave all my bank details away! I have now cancelled the card but im worries that i have given away all my details including date of birth and security question answers!
FML
caitrionamcghee
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 49 (39,006 Views)

Yeah I got the same thing.
Obviously I didn't click on anything knowing I haven't ordered any subscribtions.
Wanted to send it to skype but I can see it's already here.

Unbelievable what would some people do.
KeroBlack
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 49 (38,932 Views)

Have also recieved such a email, it would appear to be of Russian origin

What action have you taken?

Regards Roger Wilkinson

rogerwilko1946
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 49 (38,925 Views)

I have received four e-mails in the last three months for so called subscription receipts from pay-pal re skype. £39.00 each time. Check bank statements.

nametab
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 49 (37,379 Views)

I received the same email today Monday 11th Feb 2013
I have spoken to Paypal an they confirmed it is fraudulent unfortunately I was warned after I paniced an clicked on 'paypal dispute' an stupidly put in my bank details etc, I have now spoken to bank who have cancelled card etc an changed my password with paypal, never thought I would get caught out like this....but I was :sad:
PLEASE BE CAREFUL EVERYONE
Posted from Apple iPad
jenhop
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 49 (29,618 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling