Re: FBI tapping skype calls

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

FBI tapping skype calls

it has came to our attention that skype allows FBI to tap the calls as it was shown in megaupload case http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=ht...

do you care to comment on this ? or should we all cancell our service with you now?

anonymous_n
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (5,434 Views)

in my pure humble opinion, possibly with hign-end advanced tools (which is most likely not commercially available), it may be possible to tap phone calls, which may include Skype calls.  but of course unless you are a high profiled, controversial, highly suspicious person, you should not worry about such possibilities.  I think as of now, it is indeed only the government/law-enforcement bodies who have the capability or autority to do such, it's not an everyday thing.  

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 243
Message 2 of 8 (5,411 Views)

having a back-door into the program is a series security flaw and this should be addressed by Microsoft immediately considering that this is used by international clients not only USA citizens..Illegally monitoring skype calls should be a serious concern for everyone.FBI has jurisdiction over the USA not the whole world.My concern also includes the fact that the FBI could easily access and exploit this backdoor, who else can can exploit this security flaw without due process ofv the law
johan79
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 8 (5,391 Views)

so the official skype line is not to comment is see Microsoft is playing a good lackey dog to FBI as always

anonymous_n
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (5,353 Views)

Hi i think this kind of Idea it really  good to catch a Criminal online, but they should only do this for the suspecius user, so if you are clean Skyp user  you have nothing to worry.

like I have a very serius problem right now and I think I really need a help from the US  Authority. 

hr
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 8 (5,348 Views)

I dont know exactly how to report this but maybe someone out there an American concern citizen might want to help me, I am not American I am from Germany, but I really need help from the Police Washington, if you want to help me please contact me per email.

thank you

hr
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (5,346 Views)

go on their websites doh.... they have contact us sections

as to you thinking this is a good idea i dont thinks so who is watching the watchers who will give us guarantee that we r not being tapped ilegaly by FBI
anonymous_n
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 8 (5,343 Views)

anonymous_n wrote:

so the official skype line is not to comment is see Microsoft is playing a good lackey dog to FBI as always

if you want an official response, you can try emailing customer service.  

How to Contact Skype Customer Service

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 243
Message 8 of 8 (5,328 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling