Email address not accepted

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email address not accepted

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to set up a new Skype account. However it won't accept my email address on the grounds that it's not valid. But it is a valid email address. It was typed exactly the same both times. I tried doing it a second time with exactly the same results.

Steve

Steve
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 16 (12,250 Views)

Re: Welcome to the Skype Support Network

Doesn't make sense.  Too bad I don't know your email address so I could try and send you an email but obviously you know it works.  Do you have a 2nd email address?  Maybe you could create one, set up SKYPE and then change your email address....j

jerrypaulsen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 16 (12,244 Views)

[ Edited ]

Steve wrote:

I'm trying to set up a new Skype account. However it won't accept my email address on the grounds that it's not valid. But it is a valid email address. It was typed exactly the same both times. I tried doing it a second time with exactly the same results.

Steve

I think this is something weird (unless your email address is blocked by Skype, which I think is not the case here),  actually even if you just enter a fictional email address, Skype will allow it and you will be able to create an account (still this is not advisable).  Can you double check if you are entering your email address in the correct format (name@domain.com, don't forget the @ sign), or if you were trying to registering using a mobile device, try to create an account using a computer (or try another computer if you were alredy using a computer).  just suggestions. :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1671
Message 3 of 16 (12,173 Views)

I have the same problem, Steve had. I have written valid emails, but skype does not wanna accept it, it says it is not valid.

Nurzhan

Nurzhan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 16 (11,274 Views)

i am trying to do create an account for my company and it wont take my email adress, do not know why?? please help!

Ronsard
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 16 (10,701 Views)

Re: Email address not accepted

Hi,

I had the same problem too, but I realized that whenever I finished typing my email address in, I would put a space after it without realizing I did it. Spaces count, therefore, if you accidentally hit the space bar after typing your email address, your email address gets screwed up. I hope this helps if you haven't solved the problem already!!

niniVc62
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 16 (9,874 Views)

I just had two hours of fun and lost access to using my favourite nickname too...because skype probably thought I was a b.o.t.

My main problem was initially the 'repeat' field wasn't functioning, so after a bit of mouse mashing and experimenting I worked it out - at the loss of my preferred nickname of course...

Here's how I did it:

write/paste into the first field, hit space in the first field (To get the 'repeat' field working-not kidding!-), then backspace....(laughing yet?), THEN CLICK the repeat field.

Write/paste, again...

Your email is not rendered invalid, so just keep trying.

Now, to get my nickname back...

Thanks for two hours of fun Skype!  And I would really appreciate if I can get that nickname I sent in email.

Back to what I was supposed to be doing two hours ago...

2hrsoffun
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 16 (9,687 Views)

[ Edited ]

My current email address [Mod edit: Please do not include personal/private information when making a public post. Thanks!], you are asking me to change to new email address I have another Email address which is [removed for privacy] and still don't want to accept it? What shall I do now?

Posted from Apple iPad
8R
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 16 (5,273 Views)

Its not just skype. My email addresses are rejected in every form that I fill in. I dont know why. I cant apply for a job, or start anything new on the internet including contacting anyone to figure out the problem. I suspect there are many others out there with the same problem but it pretty much bans us from the internet. It gets worse with time too.  

TJG123
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 16 (4,929 Views)

try using another web browser, or computer or device if available.  

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 239
Message 10 of 16 (4,897 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling