Deleting skype history with one person

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Deleting skype history with one person

Hey. 
For privacy issues i want to delete my skype history with one person, but also for the person i want to delete my skype history with to be unavalible to see our history. I dont want this person to show what i have written to him to others. Is it possible and if so how?

If i delete my skype account will the history be deleted with it and others wont be able to view my skype history with them? 

emlobmemlob
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 13 (29,225 Views)

Re: Deleting skype history with one person

emlobmemlob wrote:

Hey. 
For privacy issues i want to delete my skype history with one person, but also for the person i want to delete my skype history with to be unavalible to see our history. I dont want this person to show what i have written to him to others. Is it possible and if so how?

If i delete my skype account will the history be deleted with it and others wont be able to view my skype history with them? 

Currently, this is not possible to do for specific conversations.

Even if you deleted your history information or stopped using your Skype name, that would not remove what history the other person has, if they have history enabled.

There is no way to delete a Skype name as well.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 739
Message 2 of 13 (29,223 Views)

Isnt that stupid that skype users dont have the opportunity to do that? 
Are you sure there is absolutely no way i can?
Anyways thanks !:happy: 

emlobmemlob
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 13 (29,220 Views)

[ Edited ]

emlobmemlob wrote:

Isnt that stupid that skype users dont have the opportunity to do that? 
Are you sure there is absolutely no way i can?
Anyways thanks !:happy: 

Well, you can edit/delete any message sent in 1 to 1 chats up to 1 hour after sending them, not to be confused with 1 hour after they have been received.

Personally, I don't know of any popular IM software that can pull back or remove history from someone elses history.

Yes, I am sure.

You are very welcome.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 739
Message 4 of 13 (29,217 Views)

I agree this is really stupid that a written conversation cannot be deleted....U may have shared very personal info which could be used to blackmail U later.......I see U can delete all the conversations but are they retrievable ...?
mossymanrsa
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 13 (26,439 Views)

I have a friend in africa that left her skype on in the internet cafe. Now they have hijacked her account and are using it. They can read all of our history. And i have no way to close account until she gets to a pc. And she will not go back to that cafe. So be aware people!

norm3
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 13 (25,961 Views)

norm3 wrote:

I have a friend in africa that left her skype on in the internet cafe. Now they have hijacked her account and are using it. They can read all of our history. And i have no way to close account until she gets to a pc. And she will not go back to that cafe. So be aware people!

she can simply change her Skype password using any computer.  Then her account will be logged out from that computer in that internet cafe once her password is successfully changed.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1294
Message 7 of 13 (25,931 Views)

When you have chat conversations on Skype, these are stored on the computer that you are ‘chatting’ on in a folder that has the same name as your ‘Skype Name’, the location for which varies depending on the operating system being used. Your Skype chat history is stored in a file called main.db which resides at the following location: Windows 7 On a Windows 7 Operating system, the location of a Skype account is: C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Skype\[Skype Name]\ Note: the above example is based on the operating system having been installed on the C drive. This may be different in your case. The “[USER NAME]” needs to be replaced with your OS user name, and the “[Skype Name]” needs to be replaced with your Skype Name. Your Skype Name can be found by opening Skype and selecting ‘Skype’ -> ‘Profile’ -> ‘Edit Your Profile’ and reviewing the display on the right hand side. Source + More here: http://www.kudosknowledge.com/where-is-my-skype-chat-conversation-history-stored/
MTDTN
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 13 (20,940 Views)

Jsanchelima
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 13 (20,838 Views)

hi there, is there any way to completely delete everything on skype? 

the chat histories. 

is it able to delete chat histories that you send for others too? so that others cant see your messages anymore.

thank you 

peacelise
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 13 (16,892 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling