Re: Deleting personal profile

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Deleting personal profile

I joined Skype years ago on a long since withdrawn business e-mail address and long forgotten password

Having now also changed computer I have lost my 'direct access' so need the password, or original e-mail to progress.

Having neither I have the choice to 're-join', which is not a problem, but what is a problem is how do i delete my personal profile when I cannot access the old 'name'

jnaut
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (576 Views)

[ Edited ]

if the original account has a billing or purchase history in the last 6 months, you can request for a new password without the need of your registered email address. just click the link below;

https://login.skype.com/account/password-automation

if none, then there may be no more ways to access it or to request for a new password.  yet, your original account if will remain unused will soon be tagged as inactive and will disappear in the Skype search results.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 238
Message 2 of 4 (570 Views)

Thanks for response VooDooDoll, but the problem remains. I can only access support in the same way as I access Skype currently. that is through my wife's 'account', so I can still not get to my profile?

I have noted the "your original account if will remain unused will soon be tagged as inactive and will disappear in the Skype search results' comment in previous mails", but how soon is soon? I have had spells of in-activityon my accounty over the years, stretching to months not just days, but never had it made inactive?.

Surely if there is no answer to what must have been faced byothers it suggests something that warrants action, or at least a warning before 'members' are invited to load profiles that could be come an 'un-changeable embarassment?

jnaut
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 4 (532 Views)

If i remember it right, your account will be tagged as inactive if there are no activities for 6 months.  unfortunately, without a recent purchase history, I think it would no longer be possible to access that account.  you can try to contact Skype (contactus@skype.net), but I am not confident that they can assist you on this one.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 238
Message 4 of 4 (526 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling