Deleting / Clear Chat history

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Deleting / Clear Chat history

I am using version 6.0.0.126 and can't find anywhere to delete / clear the chat history. I have a large number of industry sensitive chats that require that I do not keep a record of what is discussed. MSN was great for this as it had options on saving chats or not but now I have upgraded following the pending demise of MSN Messenger with the merger to Skype I need to know how I clear the chats permanently.

Thanks for your help

Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Skype >> Tools >> Options... >> Im&SMS >> Advanced Options >> Clear history 

clearhistory.PNG

View solution in original post
dfr0208
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 17 (58,832 Views)

Re: Deleting / Clear Chat history

Skype >> Tools >> Options... >> Im&SMS >> Advanced Options >> Clear history 

clearhistory.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6449
Message 2 of 17 (58,824 Views)

Thanks great help :happy:

dfr0208
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 3 of 17 (58,817 Views)

You're welcome.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 17 (58,816 Views)

I am using Skype on an iPad and would like directions on deleting call records.

Posted from Apple iPad
Drdaud
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 17 (58,205 Views)

Just discovered the answer. You need to hold the iPad in
Andscape and drag your finger over the chat record. That is when the delete will appear. The important step is to make sure the iPad is in the landscape position!
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Kudos
Drdaud
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 17 (58,186 Views)

If you open skype in another location for example iphone, another computer, another ipad, you still get the chat history you already supposedly deleted. How can we delete the chat histrory permanently? I used to use live messenger and this is like taking a huge step backwards.  HEEEEEEEEELP!!!

Posted from Apple iPad
Crispycrisp
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 7 of 17 (55,860 Views)

does anyone know how to delete the history permanently from every single computer but not only from the one that you are using currently?

Defne
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 8 of 17 (55,078 Views)

Simply delete the main.db file.

C:\Users\tamim\AppData\Roaming\Skype\tamim\main.db

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 9 of 17 (55,075 Views)

I did what you said and everything is deleted from my laptop but when I log in using a different laptop I can still see all my history :S

Defne
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 10 of 17 (55,073 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling