Deleting Blocked Contacts

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Deleting Blocked Contacts

Suggest you unblock the contact (Crt unblock), delete and then block again(Crt block). Works for me

occasional
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 21 (7,800 Views)

This worked for me with Mac Os X lion 10..7.3
mctate65
Novel Tourist
Message 12 of 21 (7,692 Views)

On Mac OS 10.7 Lion, I control-clicked the blocked contact and selected "Close" and that seemed to have worked to get them out of my sidebar.

Hope that is helpful.

Bandorail
Casual Tourist
Message 13 of 21 (7,655 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi:happy: I have a solution! I am really happy that I removed all my blocked contacts from Skype.

But this is good news for iPhone users as I did it with help of my iPhone.  

In Skype privacy settings (tab Blocked contacts)  there is no button to delete blocked contacts (as u have already noticed), but in Skype for iPhone it is.  So, u could delete all your blocked contacts from iPhone then delete all conversations with these contacts. and that's it.

Step by step:

1. open Skype app on the iPhone;

2. choose Contacts then Blocked Contacts;

3. press the contact and then press settings button in right top corner;

4. choose Remove from Contacts, then do the same for each contact; 

5. go to Messages;

6. delete all conversations with blocked contacts.

7. restart the app on the iPhone;

8. restart Skype on your computer; 

9. check the list of blocked contacts in Skype settings on the computer; It must be empty:happy:

If not, just try to do somthing similar using your iPhone, because it always synchronizes with your Skype on the computer and all blocked contact will appear on both skypes.

If u have many blocked contacts it will be a long process but u'll see the result. I hope u will cope with this.  

vanila
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 14 of 21 (7,581 Views)

Hi. Ihave a blocked spam contact named "%|" thats keeping poping up every time i start Skype. In the conversation list its mentiond like i tried to call him/her.

Pls advise me how to get rid of this annoying matter

esteinbe
Casual Tourist
Message 15 of 21 (6,721 Views)

Dear,

I did what you explained above, but I get all the blocked contacts back on the I phone after the sync!!! I really want to get rid of the blocked contacts, but how!!!

Thanks
Zaynoobaa
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 21 (5,520 Views)

Gogo to block contacts hold the finger on the picture and after follow like you delete the app.works for me.a they start shaking and after you know what to do.
Posted from Apple iPad
antonkynych
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 21 (4,638 Views)

Hold finger on pictures and when pictures start shaking just delete them like App.
Posted from Apple iPad
antonkynych
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 21 (4,631 Views)

HOly moly do you know how long that would take. I have 4 from today and 9 from yesterday. It just really ticks me off because I had chosen to only have interaction with my contacts.

snodinn
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 21 (3,700 Views)

I know how to do this:

You need to unblock the person.  (they will reappear in your contacts)

Right click over thier name and remove them from your contacts list.
 (this will move them into the recent section).

Then you need to go into your Tools, Options. Privacy  - and clear your History from IMs and SMS.

Once you have done this it deletes all conversations (so beware - it deletes everything) 

and any names in that tag section. 

Hey Ho - getting rid of all the people and numbers you have removed from your contacts list.

meadowe1
Casual Tourist
Message 20 of 21 (3,111 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling