Delete Skype account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Delete Skype account

Primemover wrote:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete a Skype account.  If you no longer have intentions of using a particular account, you just need to abandon it.  You can edit/delete the details you registered in that account (you can simply replace them with imaginary values), and remove the profile image before abandoning that account so no one could identify who previously owns that Skype name.  You can also leave a status message such as "account no longer in use, my new account is XXXXX".

Moreover, it'll also be soon tagged as inactive by Skype and will be removed from the search results after a couple of months.

US Law requires that all companies doing business in the United States provide a way to have their personal information removed from any account.  That includes name, address, phone number, birth date, and all credit card information.  Normally, the information on how to perform this "scorched earth" removal of data is described in the company's Privacy Policy. 

Are you telling me that Skype does not provide that required functionality?

valathel
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 30
Message 21 of 31 (5,351 Views)

Somebody has managed to link there facebook with my Skype account, when they use facebook chat, it comes out as me typing in Skype ..... I would like to delete this account ... I changed my password ... yet this person still can control my account from the Philippines....this happened 2 years ago ... I was absolutely amazed and the sheer lack of real people in this so called big global company ... surely a class action lawsuit is in order ... if not i am going to look into one
brianchayes
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 22 of 31 (5,347 Views)

brianchayes wrote:
Somebody has managed to link there facebook with my Skype account, when they use facebook chat, it comes out as me typing in Skype ..... I would like to delete this account ... I changed my password ... yet this person still can control my account from the Philippines....this happened 2 years ago ... I was absolutely amazed and the sheer lack of real people in this so called big global company ... surely a class action lawsuit is in order ... if not i am going to look into one

They are a big global company, owned by Microsoft, yet plead poverty when it suits them.  They tried to tell me they are "too small" a company to provide:

1.  an email address for use by non-customers when harassed by Skype users

2.  phone support

3.  expedited investigations when their users are harassing people

So I guess Microsoft doesn't have the funds to give them an email address.  How pathetically sad those lies are...

valathel
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 30
Message 23 of 31 (5,339 Views)

I am trying to find out how to delete my mother's account. She died a week ago.

An added complication is that she had regular payments deducted via Paypal, and I am unable to close her Paypal account until this authorisation is terminated.

I have her Skype signon (and can probably guess her password), so this may be the easiest way to do it. However I have been unable to find any guidance as to how to go about this through the proper channels.

I believe that her entire profile and history should be removed from Skype. Can anyone advise as to the best way to achieve this?

melsmith
Novel Tourist
Message 24 of 31 (5,221 Views)

I have two accounts and want to delete one or make inactive:

Jocephuss want to keep

joegumba want it gone deleted or inactive

I can't sign on to my jocephuss account because of the other account joegumba keeps popping up when the Skype program is launched
jocephuss
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 25 of 31 (5,126 Views)

jocephuss wrote:
I have two accounts and want to delete one or make inactive:

Jocephuss want to keep

joegumba want it gone deleted or inactive

I can't sign on to my jocephuss account because of the other account joegumba keeps popping up when the Skype program is launched

with the other account loaded, click menu Skype >> Sign Out (or File >> Sign Out in mac).  The login window will appear where you can enter the username and password of the account you want to use.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1408
Message 26 of 31 (5,121 Views)

my problem is different. I dont know why but you had designed your skype login panel strange. Every account name I enter there keeps in memory but not the password. I dont want this . As we use skype not only from our own notebook or computers. How come you dont thnk of this problem may occur

There are internet cafe when travelling I am sometimes useing. But I dont want to left my skype name there. Also nor even in my company computer I use sometimes and dont want to show I entered to skype on my own account. PLS DO THE CHANGES SO THAT WE CAN USE IT MUCH PROPERLY. I already also cleaned skyoe frm my computer and download again but the account names had not gone and still there..

turplast
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 27 of 31 (4,970 Views)

i dont know if any of the operators are reading this but i would like my account DELETED not just "no longer in use" so if you need to go and delete it then do so. I feel i have the right to have the option to delete it!

cuppiecakke
Novel Tourist
Message 28 of 31 (4,643 Views)

I also want my account deleted. I find it strange that they say it cannot be deleted. They are hiding something. Obviously they don't want to tell us why a skype account 'cannot' be deleted. Well, is anyone going to answer this question or are you just going to spout the same quote every time? If I had known that a skype account could not be deleted I would never have created one. I await a proper response from skype.
andy33laughton
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 29 of 31 (4,214 Views)

I am being stalked through my Skype account and need to take it down from the internet/delete it and not have it open accses any more.
lizgadd
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 30 of 31 (4,105 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling