Delete Skype account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Delete Skype account

How do I delete my Skype account?

J-girl04
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 128
Message 1 of 31 (480,877 Views)

Re: Delete Skype account

Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete a Skype account.  If you no longer have intentions of using a particular account, you just need to abandon it.  You can edit/delete the details you registered in that account (you can simply replace them with imaginary values), and remove the profile image before abandoning that account so no one could identify who previously owns that Skype name.  You can also leave a status message such as "account no longer in use, my new account is XXXXX".

Moreover, it'll also be soon tagged as inactive by Skype and will be removed from the search results after a couple of months.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1514
Message 2 of 31 (480,869 Views)

[ Edited ]

I've called in four(4) times Skype, now it's a government entity. so SKYPE, you don't want to connect me fine don't, I can call otherwise. I'm tired of playing your spy games.

fredj47
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 3 of 31 (480,843 Views)

fredj47 wrote:
I've called in four(4) times Skype, now it's a government entity. so, **bleep** SKYPE, you don't want to connect me fine don't, I can call otherwise, you low life bastards. I'm tired of playing your spy games.

I don't want to rude but it seems that your reply has nothing to do with the topic.  Kindly post them on the relevants threads or start your own.  thanks.  :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1514
Message 4 of 31 (480,839 Views)

Does delete@skype.com work?

gagsd123
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 5 of 31 (480,812 Views)

[ Edited ]

gagsd123 wrote:

Does delete@skype.com work?

If you don't intend to use your Skype account then please follow steps above given by Primemover.

But if for some reason you need to contact customer service, for example to cancel and refund all your Skype Credit then please file a request through support form instead of sending email to delete@skype.com:

https://support.skype.com/support_selection/

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 713
Message 6 of 31 (480,815 Views)

I have had someone illegally open this account using my information and I would like the whole account deleted! How can I go about this?

erkss
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 7 of 31 (472,470 Views)

hellooooo
artur697505
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 8 of 31 (455,532 Views)

Wh cant skype be delete it when there is a bunch of site that you can, a lot of people want to delete it... it irritate people because they can delete they acount
alexandra_2334
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 9 of 31 (452,046 Views)

It was ok I just want to know why we cant delete it at all, would we will be able in the future to delete our account.
alexandra_2334
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 10 of 31 (452,044 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling