'De-activated' account...and I didn't really mean ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

'De-activated' account...and I didn't really mean to!

I de-activated my skype account around a month ago but I had some contacts that I've forgotten the names for and would like to get this account back, if possible. I can't remember the password (but I know the past password) nor the e-mail I changed it to.

Is there any way I can do it? Thanks!

kaboom25
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (375 Views)

Re: 'De-activated' account...and I didn't really mean to!

if your account has a billing or purchase history in the last 6 months, you can request for a new password without the need of your registered email address. just click the link below;

https://login.skype.com/account/password-automation

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 242
Message 2 of 4 (359 Views)

I didn't make any purchases :/ Is there any other way I can get I back? Thanks
kaboom25
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (335 Views)

I think there's now.  one thing you can try is - using another account, open the Add/Search contacts window, then enter the email address that you have possibly registered in the account in question in the email address field.  Once you enter the correct email address, the results will show the account in question in the results.  In this way, you will know the email address associated with that account, and can proceed in requesting for a new password for it.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1634
Message 4 of 4 (325 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling