Changing privacy settings from my iPad

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Changing privacy settings from my iPad

Hi, I joined Skype recently and started receiving anonymous calls to my iPad and also to my mobile last night. Can someone tell me how to change my privacy settings from my iPad ( I don't have access to a pc) to prevent random calls? I can't see a "tools" or "options" feature on display when logging in via my iPad. Thanks
Mkgirl33
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 18 (32,448 Views)

Re: Changing privacy settings from my iPad

Unfortunately, privacy settings are not available in the current version of Skype for iOS device.  You may indeed need to access your account using a computer to change your privacy settings.  Once this is done, the selected privacy settings will also apply to your account when you login to Skype in your iPad.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 231
Message 2 of 18 (32,442 Views)

Hi, many thanks for the advice but my privacy settings were already restricted to my contacts (on my pc) however, I received scam on my iPad and iPod..
Hope SKYPE will change this within the next iOS updates.
lapylou
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 18 (32,374 Views)

I hope the Skype folks realize how completely ridiculous this is!  With the advent of the iPad, many folks are now traveling without laptops and have absolutely no access whatsoever to a computer with Skype installed.  It's patently unfair (and extraordinarily short-sighted)  to glibly state that yup, you need to log in on a computer. 

Not only is there no way to change privacy settings on iOS devices, there is no way to change them at skype.com

Can somebody from Skype please kindly confirm that you are addressing this glaring shortcoming in your service, SOON?

sh31mart
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 4 of 18 (32,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
I am in a similar position the pc that Skype was originally installed on has been flattened so I only have access to skype via the iPad , please sort something out quickly otherwise I shall have to remove Skype to stop unwanted spam calls .
Posted from Apple iPad
Flojo_kitty
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 18 (31,936 Views)

Yes this really needs to be fixed in the next update or I'm gonna have to delete Skype
Posted from Apple iPad
Spir0
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 18 (31,911 Views)

This is a major issue.  The iPad and iPhone imo are those platforms where Skype provides most value. I will also have to uninstall until this is fixed, which is a shame as it has become my mobile phone.

allan3670
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 18 (30,502 Views)

Changing your privacy settings on either a PC or Mac as I have both does not prevent the unwanted calls coming through on either my iPhone or iPad. I have in the past repeatedly set my privacy seetings at "Contacts Only" but it seems for reasons that I cannot quite determine my privacy keeps resetting to "Anyone", thus the opening the gate for unwanted callers, this may be as a result of Skype updates. Unfortunately the only solution left is to change your Skype account and start afresh. This is a radical move but it is the only real solution.
Posted from Apple iPad
paul_oneill3
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 18 (24,131 Views)

Same thing has happened to me. I have received more than 10 contacts from unsolicited sources (usually U.S. "army personnel" or "Skype maintenance") just today, but my settings are correct on my laptop...HELP! It is driving me nuts. It has definitely become worse in the last few days.
Posted from Apple iPad
veekay52
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 18 (19,430 Views)

I too, get lots of unsolicited calls from army personnel. My Skype settings on a PC at contacts only, but still get calls on my ipad.

Is there anything I can do?
Posted from Apple iPad
Cathymcclusky
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 18 (18,007 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling