Change me skype display name

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Change me skype display name

I really want to know how to change my display name in skype community such that it is different from my Skype ID i.e thompson_lau

Appreciate for your help

thompson_lau
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 8 (23,138 Views)

Re: Change me skype display name

Please see this: https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA110/Can-I-change-my-Skype-Name

You can also use a IP Camera as your camera for Skype video Example Instructions
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 502
Message 2 of 8 (23,132 Views)

This does not work!!! Please, Skype, update your HELP pages!!!!!

I sign in and there is no "Skype" menu... so I can go to Profile ---> Edit Profile.

So... this should be a simple question... How do you change your Display Name???? I don't want it the same as my Skype Name!!

Please please please... I'm just about done with Skype!

0 Kudos
Buffsters
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 8 (22,088 Views)

Hi ...Did anybody help you with changing the display name? I have the same problem ... thanks! mjw
0 Kudos
mjw
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 8 (21,852 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am a bit confused ... the link TheUberOverLord provided, above, includes this instruction which is accurate:

You can change your display name without creating a new account. This is the name that you see when you’re on Skype, and is displayed in your friends’ contact lists, when you call someone on Skype, and in the message area when you have an IM conversation*. To change your display name:

1. Sign in to Skype.
  2. In the menu bar, click Skype > Profile > Edit Your Profile….
  3. At the top of the Profile tab, next to Full name, click your name. An edit box is displayed.
  4. Type the display name you want to use and click the tick icon [Elaine note: also known as a check mark]. Your name is changed.

*Your friends can change the way your name is displayed in their Skype, so the display name you see for yourself isn’t necessarily the one they see for you. You can also change a contact’s name: just right-click on it in your contact list and choose Rename. This only changes the name in your Skype, not theirs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1968
Message 5 of 8 (21,834 Views)

does your problem solved?

if not try to download latest skype
0 Kudos
ibasic56
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (21,395 Views)

This the complate step:

My skype version

Skype version.png

Edit profile (menu)

Edit profile (editor)

0 Kudos
ibasic56
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 8 (21,393 Views)

that does not work for mobile devices however that will work for computers and laptps
Posted from ZTE N9520
0 Kudos
cg1968
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (2,061 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling