Can't seem to receive contact requests

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can't seem to receive contact requests

I have been using skype-to-skype over the computer for several years now.  I recently tried to add a couple of new family contacts, and they have also sent requests for me to be added to their  contacts list.  As far as we can tell, none of us have been able to receive these requests.  The email addresses are all correct and up to date, I've checked the spam box, and still the bubble on skype says "pending contact request."  As recently as this past summer, I was able to successfully add a new contact.  Any suggestions as to what might be going on here?

Thanks!

Barb789
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (2,964 Views)

Re: Can't seem to receive contact requests

This is NOT a fix or solution.

Please right click on the Skype Icon in your system tray and change your status to "Offline" for 5 seconds and then back to "Online".

This forces a status update of all your contacts in your conact list as well as a update of your status without the need to logoff/logon.

Also, if possible, call them Skype to Skype and request they do the same, while you are both online.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1614
Message 2 of 2 (2,960 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling