Can't log in to skype it won't accept my password

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't log in to skype it won't accept my password

Hi,

If anybody can help me on why I cannot log into my account anymore with my current password? I used skype last yesterday. Logged on today and it tells me my password is incorrect when I didn't even change my password.

Alternatively, tried to reset my password and it won't allow me to do this. Gives an error!

Can anyone tell me what I should do to access my account again?

Thanks a million!

margietnca
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 11 (11,927 Views)

Re: Can't log in to skype it won't accept my password

if your account has a billing or purchase history in the last 6 months, you can request for a new password without the need of your registered email address. just click the link below;

https://login.skype.com/account/password-automation

if none, you may need to contact customer service regarding your concern.  just open the link below

https://support.skype.com/support_request

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1672
Message 2 of 11 (11,922 Views)

Just curious, did you ever fix your problem? :s I seem to be having the same problem. However, I am currently confused. for a while, I was under the impression that my account name was "sukinorules" but I look through past emails and it says "sukinorules2803." My problems started when skype would send me the error message of my password or username not being the right one. I tried countless combinations, all of which did not work. I tried resetting my password, and that failed as well. Each time I reset my password, I would type in the RIGHT password, and username, but it would come up with the error message. I have managed to log in, however, it seems like a new account, as all my contacts, history, and info are gone. 

sukino
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 11 (11,211 Views)

EXACTLY the same thing happened to me today (23 Mar 2013).

EXACTLY the same steps.....Tried to re-set my password -FOUR- times !

If Skype wants my money, then Skype needs to have a Customer Service phone number available (and -POSTED-)

Pissed3
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 11 (9,684 Views)

But the bigger problem is, when you ask skype for a temporary password, it s emails dont leave its server for 3 hours, by which time its probably the middle of the night, and by the time you get the email into your mail box - what a surprise - its expired!

Good One

musictimbo
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 11 (6,280 Views)

Hi everyone,

This may help some of you - http://community.skype.com/t5/Security-Privacy-Trust-and/New-to-Skype-and-having-trouble-signing-in/...

Skype has 2 ways to sign in - either with your skype name (something like first.last123) or with your Microsoft account (e.g. user@example.com).

If you are getting an error and you think you have the valid credentials I would try to use the different sign in option.

Thanks!

Luke 

luke.skype
Staff
Staff icon
Kudos: 357
Message 6 of 11 (6,243 Views)

I can't sign in.  It tells me I didn't input the correct home phone number, but it is correct! I put in my cell and my home number.

Henry.Harrison2
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (6,100 Views)

I;m having problems adding another email address and setting it as my primary email address. Whenever I click 'save' and enter my password it says that I've entered the wrong password every time which impossible. How do I recover my original skype password???

Sands925
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (5,088 Views)

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem.

sddddddd
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 11 (4,933 Views)

The issue could be that you don't have the latest version of Skype. I spent a good hour going through troubleshoots and resetting passwords until I redownloaded Skype as a new version.

Normally the homepage would show that you need the new version and let you update through there, but this time it didn't. Find the one that's compatible to your platform (PC or Mac or what have you) and see if that works.

BriannaY
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (3,717 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling