Re: Call from Skype Admin ? - Beware of the new Sk...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Call from Skype Admin ? - Beware of the new Skype Scam

Hey Guys,

Today someone with skype id: Skype Admin (skype.audit.admin) added my friend and called her. He was mentioning about few malicious/adult sites that she shouldn't have visited. He was asking for proof of residence and her age proof. And if she doesn't don't do that, someone would turn up into her house in next three days. He also asked for a cam show :happy: :happy:  (This was all in the call)

I checked the chat transcript... Looks like he just randomly added her and showed some TCP/IP sniff logs with a case number from skype to scare her.

Be aware of these type of scumbugs around looking to get a free cam show by scaring people.

Regards,

YourAnonMemb :happy:

rameshanon
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 2 (892 Views)

Re: Call from Skype Admin ? - Beware of the new Skype Scam

thanks for sharing this information.  There are indeed no such thing such as Skype Admins who employ the practices described above. I suggest that whenever any users received such communications, block the user and report them to contactus@skype.net.

It would also help if you can will set your privacy settings to allow communications from people in your contact list only.  

How to Handle Suspicious Calls, Messages and Contact Requests (Scam/Spam) 

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1671
Message 2 of 2 (880 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling