Blackmail scammers

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Blackmail scammers

[ Edited ]

Someone has just tried to blackmail me on Skype, sad thing is that it is my first time using skype. Basically I want to bring the user name nadine.lopez34 to everyone's attention. She is a scammer amongst many, fortunate thing for me is that I don't really take demands/commands well. Beware of this username
As she tried to extort me out of money out of a intimate video between ourselves. And NO, I have her nothing but a -----  and il hunt you down. She was stupid to provide her western union details which I'm sure can be tracked down, do not know how yet but I will find out.
Again, nadine.lopez34 Her English is very broken and she constructs sentences which only make sense if you read specific words

Use of inappropriate language does not conform with the Community Guidelines

Posted from Apple iPhone
Primemover
Power User

Accepted Solution

first, I think you should immediately stop communicating with that user, and end all connections with them. Delete and block them in your social media accounts and other avenues that have been used to communicate with them.

Then you can report them to abuse@skype.net, so Skype can check and investigate their account and possibly suspicious activities. I think they can do actions against their accounts such as suspending them or making them ineligible to use Skype services.

However, it seems that Skype is only limited doing actions against their Skype accounts. So if you feel still necessary, you can also consider reporting this matter to your local police. Then your local police can contact Skype (most likely they already know how) to request for information or assistance that may possibly help them in their investigations.

View solution in original post
jd85
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 1 of 11 (2,832 Views)

Re: Blackmail scammers

first, I think you should immediately stop communicating with that user, and end all connections with them. Delete and block them in your social media accounts and other avenues that have been used to communicate with them.

Then you can report them to abuse@skype.net, so Skype can check and investigate their account and possibly suspicious activities. I think they can do actions against their accounts such as suspending them or making them ineligible to use Skype services.

However, it seems that Skype is only limited doing actions against their Skype accounts. So if you feel still necessary, you can also consider reporting this matter to your local police. Then your local police can contact Skype (most likely they already know how) to request for information or assistance that may possibly help them in their investigations.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1265
Message 2 of 11 (2,826 Views)

Hi there for some reason this forum is not letting me post what has taken me nearly 20 mins to type up. I will try again and thank you for responding to my post
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Kudos
jd85
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (2,799 Views)

Does reporting to the local officials really help cause we are in different countries ... Will the matter eventually die down?!
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Kudos
scared21
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 11 (2,505 Views)

scared21 wrote:
Does reporting to the local officials really help cause we are in different countries ... Will the matter eventually die down?!

in most cases, it seems yes. as those fraudsters will most likely just move to their other targets if a user just ignore them.  :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1265
Message 5 of 11 (2,496 Views)

I got blackmailed yesterday. Her skype name is: Isabelle Belanger.  Anyone ever got blackmailed from her?

0 Kudos
manish23
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 11 (2,410 Views)

Please give me all details of this Isabelle Belanger, as I am composing a list if blackmailers now.
There's no point in emailing skype or Microsoft for any help cause they do nothing but **bleep**.
Posted from Apple iPhone
jd85
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (2,402 Views)

They even bleep my profanity because there a bunch of morons and worst yet, they know it
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Kudos
jd85
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 11 (2,401 Views)

Sarah Nejm is one. I got blackmailed

0 Kudos
Bigdmartin2414
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 9 of 11 (2,285 Views)

The one from Morocco? Any more details on this f&£k tard like face book name etc
Posted from Apple iPhone
jd85
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 11 (2,262 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling