Are video calls recorded automatically? THIS IS W...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Are video calls recorded automatically? THIS IS WEIRD...

Hello...

I was video chatting with my fiance for three hours.  Since he lives across the country, its the only way I get to see him.  Well, he left skype up and running and went out of the room.  As I was sitting here, suddenly the image of his room from what I could see got scrambled then suddenly there he was in a different part of the room during an earlier part of our conversation.  The moving image was there for about ten seconds before scrambling back to the original image of where he had left.  I thought it odd and kind of unnerving so I was wondering if Skype automatically records video conversations.  I have regular ordinary run-of-the-mill Skype and so does he...Did we get hacked and recorded or is this done automatically?  I'm really worried about our privacy in our conversations.  I was wondering if anyone could help because now I'm afraid to talk to my fiance (whom I never get to see or talk to otherwise).  This is the first time this has happened.  Someone please help me!  

jewelzstanley
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 2 (6,081 Views)

Re: Are video calls recorded automatically? THIS IS WEIRD...

Skype does not record calls and video calls.  Being a service with millions of users at any given time, I think it would be very impractical for Skype to record calls and video calls (and would violate the privacy of their users if they do).  Perhaps what happened is just a random computer glitch.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1514
Message 2 of 2 (6,052 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling