Activating Importing Contacts into new Skype ID

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Activating Importing Contacts into new Skype ID

Hi,

I just set up a new Skype ID as the old one didn't really reflect my business anymore. So I backed up my contacts and then imported them into my new Skype which seemed to work but now all my contacts show as not accepted.

I have tried selecting them and re-requesting from the menu but this doesn't work, they are simply not seeing these requests, and it is not because they have ignored the first attempt, they are just not getting them at all. 

I have tried deleting the contacts and resubmitting a request but again, no luck.

How do I get over this block where Skype believes it has sent a request but it hasn't?

I am runing the latest version of Skype and these people are all approved contacts in my old account and in the main, do want to be in my new account.

I have even asked some to request me under my new ID but their requests don't seem to get to me either, it seems that all the people I imported from my old ID have been blocked (even though they do not appear in the block list).

Ok, any help would be very appreciated, thanks.

Tony

TonyGrant
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (717 Views)

Re: Activating Importing Contacts into new Skype ID

How do I import contacts into new Skype account? Tony
fablucci
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (411 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling