I would just like to post here to say that the actions of skype are disgusting.
1) My account has apparently been restricted - No notification/No warning/No reason given to me.
2) I do not have/nor will I ever subscribe or pay for anythign skype especially now.
3) The forms required to apparently un-restrict my account invade MY privacy, by asking for not only RL details, but also names of those on my contact list.
4) Information requested is things that are from YEARS ago that I can't remember, and didn't know I needed to remember in order for skype to unrestrict an account that shouldn't be restricted in the first place.
5) I did not ask/request or want my windows 8 account linked to my skype account but there it is. Which note I can't now apparently unlink because my account has been suspended.
6) If I think my account has been compramised I will alert Skype not the other way round. If they wish to advice me they THINK it has been, for me to decide if my account should be suspended, all good, if they wish to advice me to change my password, then so be it. However this is ridiculous
I am finding it very amusing that I was actually changing my password due to an unrelated incident to be safer. Nice one skype. Now I guess i have to wait for 24 hours for you to be bothered to do anything, and no doubt you will inform me that my details don't match, especially since my surname is currently "none of your business"
Try to release your account by filling out the information requested in the Online Resolution Center ;
If in case still necessary, you can alsocontact customer support for clarifications or further assistance. Just click the link below to see the instructions on how you can get in touch with the Support team ;
Apologies but did you NOT read my post?
Did you not notice the parts where I said about the forms I had to fill in invading my prvacy in order to get them to remove the restriction (even though I can still use Skype exactly how I always have).
How is your reply in any way helpful, when it is quite clear I've already gone to the links you suggest cause you've pretty much copied and pasted things from the pages of Skype already have there. Also just to also note that getting in touch with skype customer service requires I have a premium account, which I wouldn't pay for and according to them I can't purchase premium cause my account is restricted.
So may I suggest Primemover that you read what is written before replying with things that have already been done.
Even the response from Skype Customer Service was to fill out forms I've already filled out, So yea at this point I am thinking of simply leaving it restricted as I can still do all the things I wish to do on skype. All I want is for skype to give me a REASON as to why it is restricted in the first place with NO notice to myself when it's MY account, and a account I had BEFORE Microsoft and their god complex.
I accidentally clicked Kudos by accident sadly they don't have adislike/unhelpful button.
I apparently received another reply asking "did this solve your problem" well, sorry that these folks don't READ the forum posts, as I replied at the time and no it wasn't helpful, nor will this post above be helpful since it's copied rubbish that I'd already stated I'd done in the first place.
Also the responses from the actual skype customer support is exactly the same thing. Maybe there should be a deviation from the scripts you all have, and actually provide proper support.