Account restricted - no reason/no notification

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Account restricted - no reason/no notification

I would just like to post here to say that the actions of skype are disgusting.

1) My account has apparently been restricted - No notification/No warning/No reason given to me.

2) I do not have/nor will I ever subscribe or pay for anythign skype especially now.

3) The forms required to apparently un-restrict my account invade MY privacy, by asking for not only RL details, but also names of those on my contact list.

4) Information requested is things that are from YEARS ago that I can't remember, and didn't know I needed to remember in order for skype to unrestrict an account that shouldn't be restricted in the first place.

5) I did not ask/request or want my windows 8 account linked to my skype account but there it is.  Which note I can't now apparently unlink because my account has been suspended.

6) If I think my account has been compramised I will alert Skype not the other way round.  If they wish to advice me they THINK it has been, for me to decide if my account should be suspended, all good, if they wish to advice me to change my password, then so be it.  However this is ridiculous

The laughable part of all this is that I don't want Microsoft knowing everything about my life which they seem to think they have a right to.  I do intend to go over their privacy policy and if necessary make a formal complaint about their own invasion of it.

I am finding it very amusing that I was actually changing my password due to an unrelated incident to be safer.  Nice one skype.  Now I guess i have to wait for 24 hours for you to be bothered to do anything, and no doubt you will inform me that my details don't match, especially since my surname is currently "none of your business"

Angel6446
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 4 (297 Views)

Re: Account restricted - no reason/no notification

Try to release your account by filling out the information requested in the Online Resolution Center ;

https://support.skype.com/account-recovery

If in case still necessary, you can alsocontact customer support for clarifications or further assistance. Just click the link below to see the instructions on how you can get in touch with the Support team ;

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/how-can-i-contact-skype-customer-service

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1513
Message 2 of 4 (284 Views)

Apologies but did you NOT read my post?

Did you not notice the parts where I said about the forms I had to fill in invading my prvacy in order to get them to remove the restriction (even though I can still use Skype exactly how I always have).

How  is your reply in any way helpful, when it is quite clear I've already gone to the links you suggest cause you've pretty much copied and pasted things from the pages of Skype already have there.  Also just to also note that getting in touch with skype customer service requires I have a premium account, which I wouldn't pay for and according to them I can't purchase premium cause my account is restricted.

So may I suggest Primemover that you read what is written before replying with things that have already been done.

Even the response from Skype Customer Service was to fill out forms I've already filled out, So yea at this point I am thinking of simply leaving it restricted as I can still do all the things I wish to do on skype.  All I want is for skype to give me a REASON as to why it is restricted in the first place with NO notice to myself when it's MY account, and a account I had BEFORE Microsoft and their god complex.

Angel6446
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (279 Views)

I accidentally clicked Kudos by accident sadly they don't have adislike/unhelpful button.

I apparently received another reply asking "did this solve your problem" well, sorry that these folks don't READ the forum posts, as I replied at the time and no it wasn't helpful, nor will this post above be helpful since it's copied rubbish that I'd already stated I'd done in the first place.

Also the responses from the actual skype customer support is exactly the same thing.  Maybe there should be a deviation from the scripts you all have, and actually provide proper support. 

Angel6446
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 4 (255 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling