Account hacked, no refund, no help from support or...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Account hacked, no refund, no help from support or live chat

Sunday my account was hacked and the money I had in there was emptied on calls to countries that I didn't make. I hadn't even used the account for months and all my machines have up to date AV and firewalls etc. the password was pretty secure too and like so many others on here have posted I work in the IT industry so I am computer savvy and don't click on stupid phishing emails etc. Skype refused to give me the IP address of the originating suspicious activity, and refused to refund me the amount of money that was stolen. It seems to be an all to common occurrence reading the posts on the forum here. Will see if I can close my account and will not be recommending Skype to anyone in future. My advice is stay away as Skype do not seem interested in retaining their customers.
Posted from Apple iPad
Coopertron
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (110 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling